CA: 1987 V8 5.0L Drift/Track car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CA: 1987 V8 5.0L Drift/Track car

Also check out my street legal E30 Convertible with an M50 swap for sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366750

1987 BMW E30 chassis Ford 302ci 5.0L Ford World Class T5 5-speed transmission
    It has been fully modified for Drifting and Track use only and can never be returned to the street, ever. The vehicle will come with a bill of sale only. It is very fast weighing approximately 2900lbs with an estimated 300hp and 350lb/ft of torque. With the smaller rear wheels, the car will burn out completely through 3rd gear to the rev limiter. (currently set to 4500 rpm to save the engine) It is currently setup for drifting, to bring it to the race track simply install a 3.73lsd and bolt on the larger rear wheels.
    Unfortunately I don't have any action pictures with the new front suspension and wheel setup. The rest of the pictures are current, and watch the videos below!

Interior Modifications:

Full roll cage with FIA rated padding
    OMP FIA rated drivers seat and side mounts (made for larger drivers)
    Schroth FIA rated 6pt drivers harness with cam lock
    Compbrakes Hydraulic e-brake setup
    Custom aluminum mini-dash with Tach, Water temp, and missile switches for the ignition and fuel
    Passenger seat is e30 sport seat and has 4pt latch harness
    Power windows are still intact (nice for storing outdoors)

Drivetrain Modifications:

- Ford 302ci 5.0L base engine
    - TFS 51403001 performance camshaft
    - Edelbrock performer intake manifold
    - Eledbrock performer 650cfm 4bl carburetor with 2" spacer and adapter plates
    - Custom modified oil pan to clear steering rack
    - Custom exhaust that routes around steering rack, straight pipe to a Flowmaster 3 chamber muffler
    - Aftermarket fuel pressure regulator and fuel line with inline filter and pressure gauge
    - MSD Street Fire ignition with adjustable rev-limiter
    - Electronic distributor
    - T5 transmission, minor grind into reverse, shifts perfectly in all forward gears.
    - Very trick hydraulic clutch conversion with Willwood clutch pedal assembly and master
    - Delrin Engine mounts with custom steel engine mount arms
    - Custom steel transmission mount with rubber bushing
    - Custom one-piece driveshaft
    - 3.73 welded rear differential (slides 3rd gear for 50-80mph sideways)
    - Also comes with 2.79 welded rear differential not installed (better for learning with 2nd gear)
    - Massive electric cooling fan

Brake and Suspension Modifications:

- 5 lug conversion up front using e36 M3 spindles
    - 315mm front brakes with stainless steel lines
    - Koni yellow front struts
    - Hyperco 550lb front springs
    - Ireland Engineering front spring hats
    - E46 aluminum control arms for wider track
    - Delrin offset control arm mounts for more caster
    - Bullnose super-extended wheel studs up front
    - Front machined aluminum 20mm spacers
    - Rear Koni yellow shocks
    - Hyperco 1100lb rear springs
    - Extended rear wheel stud conversion
    - Factory rear brakes and 4 lug (read tire section)

Steering System Modifications:

- E36 steering rack for quicker steering ratio
    - E90 tie rods for more steering angle
    - Willwood quick release hub
    - Longacre 13" suede steering wheel

Wheels and Tires:

- Set of four 17"x9" e39 540i Sport package "wishbone" 5 spoke wheels
    - Two are currently mounted on the front with 255/40R17 Falken Azenis RT615K tires
    - Two are currently unmounted and have a used pair of the same tires waiting
    - Rear has 14" Bottle-cap e30 wheels with 50% wear burners
    - To mount the rear 17"x9" wheels there is a set of (4) very nice and very pricey machined adapters though you only need (2)

Exterior Modifications:

- Spray painted white body
    - Hood has custom vent and louver plates, all required for the high heat of drifting at lower/sideways air speeds
    - Super custom bent trunk mod. Tapped the back end on a K-wall a little too hard, now the whole trunk is bent slightly left, you can see it in the pictures. Its a drift car, stuff happens.

The pictures I have are too high quality and the forum will not let me upload them even when I make them the required dimensions. Sooooooo.. please take a look at the auction to see the pictures. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-3-Series...m=181864166089

A little demonstration from last month:
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/MizzZ3oPL2o

This is an older video and does not have the front suspension and wheel setup:
    https://youtu.be/L0uAL68Nsow

If you would like to make an offer on the car know that I will not take less than $6500 and the vehicle is for sale other places. Give me an email at mknoot (at) gmail.com to talk about it.
    Last edited by efreak; 09-15-2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Bump from Madrid, going to my first bullfight tonight, I imagine it will be like driving this car! ;)

Comment

Bump, back in the country and ready to show to buyers! :)

Comment

Working...
        X