FS: 1990 24v 4dr Manual South Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1990 24v 4dr Manual South Florida

Price reduced to $1300 obo if you tow it away by Saturday. Take it as a parts car. Full 24v swap with exhaust and lots of good exterior parts.

I've had this car for about 7 years and have put a lot of time and money into it but I've lost interest and life is requiring me to sell it. I have no intentions of sugar coating this thing so prepare yourself for a long list of everything I know that is wrong with it.

Overview:
    1990 delphin gray 325 swapped with m50b25 - approx 140k miles on engine, approx 200k on chassis
    Located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Moderate rust - Car originally from MN
    Starts, runs, idles, and drives. CEL on
    Hard brake line to rear rusted and blew - I was daily driving the car until this happened
    Has recently developed a vibration around 50 mph
    Asking $2200 obo

Engine:
    m50b25 - Had approx 120k before swap, current mileage unknown - best guess 140k
    Clutch, engine/ tranny mounts replaced when swapped
    KA Motors intake
    ebay stainless headers - had a shop weld 3" exhaust w/ a cat, resonator, and magnaflow muffler
    I have an extra ecu and turner chip (not installed - may or may not work)
    Starts, runs, idles decent
    No A/C compressor, lines, etc
    Power steering does not currently work but has in the past

Recent Maintenance:
    Spark plugs, valve cover and intake manifold gaskets, had injectors tested and refurbished by a guy on R3V, replaced most intake vaccum hoses, cleaned MAF and ICV, replaced accessory belt and belt tensioner

Swap Details:
    Currently has stock e30 booster. Firewall was slotted (poorly) but it works. It is definitely in contact with the intake manifold
    Never had the shift lever fixed to accomadate the 6 deg rotation of the trans - still very drive-able, never bothered me
    Wiring adapter bought from a guy on e30tech R3v
    Trans Mount bought from a guy on e30tech or R3v

Transmission:
    Manual g260
    New stock clutch during swap
    Had short shifter when I bought it - Kinda sloppy
    Transmission is very loud when in gear, appears to be leaking - not confident it is in good condition
    During the swap I am pretty sure I left the e36 bearing in the back of the engine that the trans shaft rides in. The e30 bearing has a smaller ID if I remember correctly and I think this has been causing some trans problems
    I can't remember for sure but I think the diff is a 3.73 LSD

Wheels Tires:
    Cheap (Rota?) rims spraypainted by me. 16x7.5 i believe. Spacers on front and rear to accommodate incorrect offset
    Front tires like new - Bridgestone Potenza (RE90?)
    Rear tires near end of life - Kuhmo Ecsta AST

Brakes:
    Hard brake line to rear corroded and exploded
    Recently replaced all pads/ rotors
    Replaced left rear caliper
    Front right caliper sticking afterwards, replaced - Front right pads/ rotor probably needs replaced due to sticking
    Car has just enough pedal to stop so you could probably drive it home if you're brave

Suspension:
    Suspension was done probably 6 years, 20-30k miles ago
    H&R sport springs/ Bilstein Sport shocks - rears shocks prob need replacement, fronts seem okay
    Stock mounts replaced with shocks/ springs
    Chews through front tires due to camber

Exterior:
    Smoked Euro smiley headlights
    Euro Grilles
    Euro Trim
    IS Lip
    Right fender disgustingly rusty. Door and bottom of doors and front of hood
    Faded paint on roof
    Leaks water into interior when it rains
    The general frame rust does not seem that bad to me but I have not looked at it very closely
    Fuel leaks from tank area if tank is filled to the top

Interior:
    Black leather sport seats - drivers seat has a terrible lean to one side. I spent many hours trying to fix it but couldn't figure it out
    Some tears on drivers seat but overall decent condition
    Grey cloth interior - Some stains
    Sunroof doesn't work - never had any luck repairing it
    CD deck got stolen - tried replacing but deck wasn't getting power - still have pioneer cd deck ready for install
    Rear windows don't roll down
    Blower used to only work on high, now doesn't blow at all
    Cracked dash, glove box broken, missing knee bolster
    Odometer dead, intermittent speedo

I really have no idea what people will be willing to pay. Asking $2200 obo. Will keep any offers in mind so don't be shy. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Aaron
    Last edited by Manfred; 10-28-2015, 10:16 AM. Reason: Price drop
    sigpic

Price reduced to a more reasonable number
    sigpic

Comment

I repaired the bad brake line only to have another start leaking. Then I went to start the car and there is now a fuel leak from a line near the gas tank. I need to get rid of the car soon because I have to move, price reduced. Everything can be fixed or take it as a parts car.
      sigpic

Comment

Price reduced to $1300 obo if you tow it away by Saturday. Take it as a parts car. Full 24v swap with exhaust and lots of good exterior parts.
        sigpic

Comment

Damn thats cheap man! Im the one with the sv650.. Finally sold it and picked up a 91 318i.
          no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

Working...
          X