The Wife's Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wife's Car

Well, The time has come. My Wife and I have a little girl on the way and i cant hold on to my Vert any longer. I had great hopes of welding a new front clip on and aquiring a new top but time has run out.

I found a 4 door from a fellow R3V member that was the perfect candidate for the swap. Sort of a plug and play situation. Ended up trading it for some stuff.

Ill give a little background info on the guys that dont know/havent seen my vert in its former glory.

THE STORY

Ive had this car for about 4 years, It started its life as a automatic,divingboard pile of shite! I ended up getting the M20 cleaned up and running good, But was having issues with the Headgasket.
    So i decided to swap it out for the M50. Ill let the pics do most of the talking. Because this is a pretty long story and i know most of you are like me, and have a short attention span.

I ended up trading my Vert(after M50) about a Year and a half ago for a E36 M3. I betrayed my kind and went to the darkside, but i couldnt pass up that deal.
    It wasnt but a month later and i wrecked the M3 leaving my without transportation. Theres another story about what i did with the M3 but ill leave it at that for now.

Several months later i got a call from a guy that bought my vert from the guy i traded it to. The car had been wrecked and was up for the salvage yard.
    So, i ended up working out a deal with alex and drove up to PA to drive the vert home. My wife has been driving it for 6 months or more like it sits. I made her trade her Daily(jeep) for it, so the only condition was that i let her drive the Cabrio until i fixed it.

Thats the really short version of the story, And the reason its wrecked now. I know its pretty close to rambling, mostly because its early morning and i have to be at traffic court in 30 min.

Yes, that is 2 res tanks. which is none of my doing lol.

Heres a link to the thread stating it had been wrecked

Heres the new addition, coming home. Even on a Fing trailer that damn trim flys off......

LOTS MORE TO COME
    sigpic

you are surrounded by a whole lot of german goodness huh
    sigpic

Originally Said by Bob Marley
    "BMW make pure trouble!"

Comment

none other than. Love my german cars
      sigpic

Comment

at first I got excited, because I thought this would be a FS thread. That vert was too sexy. Can't wait to see what you'll do with all those doors.

Comment

If that was your wifes vert and you live in SC how do you have PA inspection??

Comment

So sad. We will all miss the vert.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Originally posted by e30this View Post
              If that was your wifes vert and you live in SC how do you have PA inspection??
              I got it after it was inspected. we dont have inspections here. Straight pipes,bald tires and rust free cars for the win!
              sigpic

Comment

Nice swap...looks like you have the right space and tools. :)
                BMWCCA #389756

Comment

im jealous of you sc kids. shits so chill down there. and you guys have nice work spaces an such.
                  Originally posted by Lof8
                  4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
                  therefore, their value is much greater.
                  Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

I saw the coupe today :)

And I met your wife :)

Comment

Working...
                    X