Aem wideband installation please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aem wideband installation please help

I'm trying to install my aem wideband.. I'm leaning towards splicing the wires and connecting my old 02 sensor to the wideband.. But I'm having a difficult time understanding which wires go where.. My wideband has five wires.. Colors are white,red,black,grey and yellow.. But my stock 02 only has 4 I believe it's 2 whites a gray and a black.. Can someone help me with a detailed install it would be greatly appreciated :D
    All throttle, no bottle

Stock o2 sensor is what is referred to as a Narrow Band, it will not work with a wideband gauge simply put.
    Read this.

Comment

Thank you, I really appreciate it.. I got the gauge for free from a friend and he originally had it in his 240 then took it out and had it in his honda.. So what I'm trying to ask is the 02 sensor universal fit?
      All throttle, no bottle

Comment

Did your friend just give you a gauge or did he give you the 02 sensor as well? A wideband type sensor is totally different than a stock 02 sensor. However, they should fit the same bung. Red is typically power and black, ground. The rest are only used when dealing with megasquirt or some other time of datalogger. I would seek a manual however for the specific AEM gauge before installing.

'89 535i/5 Holset WH1E turbo
        Follow my m106 megasquirt build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...Squirt-content

Comment

Working...
        X