FS 1989 AC Schnitzer 325i super low mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALPINE_M5 View Post
    Outrages to some and not for others. For example when I was looking for an Clean really truly rust free 325is 1990-1991 with good paint and interior with a clean carfax. Most would come up to let's say 8-10K for the average ones here in GA, TX and east coast. Add in an OEM Mtech2 kit and paint it with install labor. Upgrade your suspension parts and have an very good leather sport seats and a set of $1500 wheels. You can figure it would at least put you into the 15-17K territory. But if all of it was done and then posted for sale for 17K you would think that's it's overpriced? No one can recover everything especially labor and some paint but it sure isn't a 12K car anymore either. But it's not for everyone. I would pay and have paid for those things on a car before. Usually, I would look for a good base example and then figure what it would cost me go get it to look like what I want. If I find what I want or something close to it then I would pay up for not having to source the pieces over time and deal with the paint and body and the time it's getting worked on. So find a 46K mile auto 1989 325i for 8K or so and replicate this car. See where you are at. Using same exact parts not replica. Your 15k isn't as outrages as it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I totally agree. Everything is more expensive than you think when you start adding up the costs of restorative efforts...even if you have the capacity to do some of it yourself. There are likely other cars I'd prefer at this price point, but it's def in the right ballpark.

Comment

Ethurtee, exactly. If this were a 5 spd IS model I bet you people would look at this car completely different. Amazing how an auto can effect price and mentality towards a car like an E30. When I was looking it wouldn't consider a properly done E30 non-IS car. I wanted it be an original IS car with a 5spd, sports seats and LSD. Those were my base must haves and NO RUST. Amazing how many rusty no rust cars i saw. I am not taking about underneath light surface rust from the elements. I am talking small rot areas and surface areas starting to bubble and they say no big deal it's normal. No it's not normal. It's rust. Or worse with "newer" paint that was better off left unpainted. At least I know what's underneath it and no hidden with bad paint or plastidip!

Sorry to the thread jack OP :) good luck with sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

in for 9k. feel free to contact me. cash in hand.

Comment

Working...
        X