No announcement yet.

Another cheap 318 - My Project '84

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice man! I'll be back in Rochester next saturday with my e30. Looking like spring is going to be ripe for lots of meets!

Comment

Haven't had a lot of time to work on stuff over the past week or so, I've just been slowly prepping the rest of the items for paint and planning what I want to do with my suspension. Painted these guys last night, very happy with how they turned out! :)

Still need to clear and buff them.
      ::: Present -- '87 325e, '95 525i
      ::: Past -- '91 318i, '95 540i/6, '85 323i Euro, '86 325es, '86 325e, '84 318i

Comment

Finally took my first shot at baking a headlight (needed to replace a lense on my US Ellips), and I didn't break anything! :o

Here are the results, I think they'll go well with the theme I'm planning --

Comment

No pics, but I bolted the sliders to my new seats this afternoon. Dropping one off at the machine shop in the morning to get some brackets fabbed up. I am soooo excited to have headroom! :D

Comment

Nice progress with the car...hurry up and get it out of storage already! :D
            BMWCCA #389756

Comment

nice project
              THE ONLY WAY TO DRIVE AN S2K IS TOPLESS AND BOOSTED! GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Brought it home from winter storage yesterday! :)

The red car is my daily ('99 Nissan Maxima 5 speed), still in winter mode...as you can tell by the snow and frost on everything, we still have a while longer of that.

Suspension and new brakes are being delivered today, new tires came in Tuesday, and I found a set of Weaves that I should be picking up soon. Things are moving along!

Comment

Had some comp time to use at work so I came home and worked on the E30 a bit before the rain/snow mess started...

Fixed a little wiring and installed the US Ellips (and forgot to shut the hood) --

And the redded-out tails --

Comment

And this is what I came out to this morning...the move to San Diego can not happen soon enough.

Comment

Well that last snow disappeared pretty fast, and the last few days have been beautiful so I've gotten a few little things out of the way.

Here's a shot of the latest work -- tucked and painted DB's, converted to later style bumper shrouds/markers, and the new wheels (14" Basketweaves, gunmetal with silver lip). And before you say anything about the massive wheel gap -- the new suspension (and brakes) are going in tomorrow. :)

And here's a picture of the full Ghetto Mode I rolled in yesterday while I worked out some issues with the bumper shrouds...got some interesting looks. haha

Next up are a complete suspension overhaul and a small brake upgrade...should be done tomorrow! Just in time for the weather to get miserable again..

Comment

nice progress on the e30...but that is certainly a clean 4th gen maxima (SE-L) not that I know anything about the VQ30 or anything :p
                        BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Originally posted by oekundar View Post
                          nice progress on the e30...but that is certainly a clean 4th gen maxima (SE-L) not that I know anything about the VQ30 or anything :p
                          Thanks, that's my former project car and now daily driver - I hit a deer in it a few months back, so currently the front driver's fender is caved in and it's all sorts of ugly. haha

The VQ is rock solid, I've put 180k trouble free miles on that car...I love it.

Here's a picture of it in better times (last summer) --

Comment

Originally posted by nosignal View Post
                            Thanks, that's my former project car and now daily driver - I hit a deer in it a few months back, so currently the front driver's fender is caved in and it's all sorts of ugly. haha

The VQ is rock solid, I've put 180k trouble free miles on that car...I love it.

Here's a picture of it in better times (last summer) --

Sweet...I just sold my 95 maxima and it had 250K miles on it..

I swapped in a 97-99 motor and did the full body swap (bumpers/lights/trunk lid), also did an auto to manual swap on the car...had it on H&Rs and AGXs...so they do run forever...but they always start up....

minus the annoying timing chain tensioner and crappy engine mounts!
                            BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Been a busy week...got a lot of stuff done! :D Had some issues along the way but things are coming along.

- Swapped over to 51mm front strut housings, installed KYB/Vogtland suspension all around. Still need some stuff before I can throw on the 325iC sway bars.

- Swapped over to 325iS front brakes (vented discs and calipers).

- Removed this monstrosity:

and installed a nice fresh one:

- Converted over to manual windows since I had some issues with my power ones and don't feel like dealing with unneeded electrical junk. Picture of the new center console haha:

- Tried to repair my old gauge cluster, failed, installed my spare and it actually WORKS! I almost forgot how to drive with a speedometer! :D

- Fixed up some wiring and installed a new head unit (Pioneer DEH-3900MP). Nothing spectacular but now I can play my precious MP3 cds again!

- New wheels and tires (14" Basketweaves, Gunmetal centers, and some Ziex 912s).

And here are some quick non-camera-phone pictures of how she's looking right now before the next round of mods (tint, shadowline, iS spoiler, pin stripe removal, some other junk).

Last edited by nosignal; 04-17-2008, 05:47 PM.

Comment

man speechless, the lowering changed the look of the car...
                                Originally posted by e30e
                                lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Working...
                                X