NC February-Fete - 2.20.10 @ Carr Industries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
    not sure if i can drive to it. would love to come but the m42 is about to grenade its timing. anyone wanna scoop me up on their way?
    If I can get my car in order this week (get shocks installed) I'll be trying to make the drive out there. Its a pretty long drive, but I'd probably just find a hotel for Saturday night and drive back Sunday. Looks like Lewisville is on the way if you want a ride (and it'll be another M42 :D)

Do you have the RSVP or anything for this event?
    '88 325ic - Vert in winter baby!
    '91 318is - Gone :(
    '95 530i - Gone :(

Comment

No RSVPs, by this saturday I'll put up a list of what we have and what we still need.

Comment

this is getting closer
        sigpic

Comment

Alright, roll call initiated

1. Aptyp
          2. Apexede30
          3. BrantleyR
          4. ix-treame
          5. bmwguy87
          6. xwill112x
          7. Smatt90IS
          8. zach716

There are 4-5 guys still on the fence, and I've littered flyers on 15-20 cars. So I am hoping for a for a 20 people turnout again?

FOOD PROVISIONS:
          I will get ribs and precook them. This way, all we'll have to do is toss them on the grill for 10-15 minutes and put sauce on them. I still have 3 bottles of BBQ sauces. We're good.

I will get 2 packs of burgers as well... and bring my griddle.

NEEDED:
          1. Drinks: 3x24 packs of whatever
          2. Plates: Every time, after every meet, they disappear or get thrown away. Whoever is taking them, sucks...
          3. Ice. We'll have 2 trashcans (brand new and clean) filled with drinks. We'll need 3-4 bags of ice to tap them off.
          4. Chairs... if you have some reclining chairs, bring them with you. Extras are welcome.
          5. Buns. 2-3 packs of burger buns... If anyone wants to, grab lettuce, tomatoes and bacon... Burgers always go fast, they're 1000 calorie appetizers that are always gone at the end of the day.
          6. Whatever else people think off.

Call me if you decide to get into list of people bringing stuff. I'll keep a database in my phone or something and on the last day, I'll call people on it. PM for my number.

Comment

That is a pretty long tourey drive. How many miles? We coulda just gone all out and drove to hanging rock :). I can bring whatever. Gimme a text.

'90 325i

Comment

We'll be very close to hanging rock, and we'll have a meet up there at some point. Want to be back at the shop before it gets dark...

Call me when you have free time. I keep missing you when I stop by your house.

Comment

art i would buy some stuff for this meet, but you already took all my money. :)

but for real, thanks for the stuff.
                sigpic

Comment

oh yeah, I'll use your money to buy stuff...

Comment

its fine your money now, my getrag 260 now :-P, also, i was going to order mounts last night and it confused the shit out of me. do i need the 535 braket its self, or do i need just the rubber mount bushing things?
                    sigpic

Comment

read all m50 swap threads, soak it all in.

You need e28 535i motor mounts and e21 tranny mounts. and then fabricate a bracket from your stock one.

Comment

Unless my car breaks down between now and next weekend I plan to make the trek out there. I've never been to a car meet like this before so it should be a lot of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBMW View Post
                          If I can get my car in order this week (get shocks installed) I'll be trying to make the drive out there. Its a pretty long drive, but I'd probably just find a hotel for Saturday night and drive back Sunday. Looks like Lewisville is on the way if you want a ride (and it'll be another M42 :D)

Do you have the RSVP or anything for this event?

still going?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xwill112x View Post
                            still going?
                            Still planning on it! I have Friday through Sunday off next week so barring catastrophe this week I plan to make the drive!

UPDATE:
                            Got my new shocks on... and unless its supposed to snow two feet or something between here and there... IM GOING! My car drives amazing now, so I'm ready for a good drive!
                            Last edited by BlueBMW; 02-14-2010, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Ribs ordered...

Comment

add me to the list,
                                slow95tsi
                                i have to work til 3 sat but hopefully will be able to get out of there early
                                my friend will be coming too but not sure if he will bring his e30 we just finished his m20b27>m42b18 swap and we arent sure of the reliablilty of it yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X