E30 M54 swap accelerator pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 M54 swap accelerator pedal

I'm sorry if thread like this already exists, but I coudn't find this info.

I'm interested if someone knows which electrical acc pedal fits into e30?

I have m54b25 engine in garage waiting for swap, so I was thinking to leave it on ms43 instalation and find pedal which will be easy to put in e30 and work fine with ms43?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

I haven't looked that far into it but I think you can do it using the clips from a Z3 M to hold the pedal in (AFAIK all the E-throttle pedals are the same from that generation).
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

You can use an E46 electronic pedal and mounting bracket.

You need to remove the E30 accelerator pedal. You must make a small bracket to mount the bracket to the floor of the E30, then slide the electronic pedal into the bracket.

The Z3M uses a unique dual potentiometer that hooks up to a mechanical accelerator pedal. I guess you could figure out how to mount this, but the E46 setup is self-contained.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

my bad, when I looked at it before I thought it used the same pedal but with a clip that would work in the E30.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

So I need pedal from an e46 and bracket to fit in e30.

What do I need from this picture exactly?

One more thing, is it more complicated to put s50 5 speed gearbox on m54 than the gearbox from e36 m50/m52? I am planing to put m20 flywheel, press plate and clutch disc. And what combination of drive shaft do i need in that case?

Thanks everyone!
          Last edited by domagoj_e30; 08-30-2012, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by domagoj_e30 View Post
            So I need pedal from an e46 and bracket to fit in e30.

What do I need from this picture exactly?

One more thing, is it more complicated to put s50 5 speed gearbox on m54 than the gearbox from e36 m50/m52? I am planing to put m20 flywheel, press plate and clutch disc. And what combination of drive shaft do i need in that case?

Thanks everyone!
            You need 1, 2, 3, and 7 (the plug), and also the contacts with wire leads that go into 7 (the plug). Look in my S54 build thread for wiring instructions posted by FredK. It will be easiest if you get the plug with wires from any wrecked E46 that has the electronic pedal so you can go by the wiring colors because the numbers don't match the plug in the ETM/WDS. To mount it I used the upper bolt and high strength plastic epoxy on the bottom where the old E30 pedal attached in the floor.
            Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

You'll also probably have to loosen the clamp on the E30's steering wheel shaft and move it to the side to fit the new pedal. I'm sure you'll figure it out. It doesn't matter which 5 speed gearbox you choose. As usual, I'm sure you'll need a manual trans E36 328i driveshaft.
              Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Ok. I figured it out for acc pedal. Thank You.

I have found info about the gearbox and I have bought s5d 310 zf. It came with throwout bearing, guibo and transmition shift (stick) and clutch cylinder frin 1993 M3 3.0.
                I am planning to put m20b20 flywheel and clutch kit, m20 starter and throw out bearing from e21 m20b23. Should I leave M3 clutch cylinder or shoud i put e30 clutch cylinder?

So you say that drive shaft from 328i is bolt on my setup? It fits on tranny and on diff directly? :)

Thanks

Comment

The M3 clutch cylinder should work. Driveshaft from a 328i will fit on the transmission and differential. You must use an E30 center support bearing, oriented so that the driveshaft is as straight as possible.

Originally posted by whysimon
                  WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Ok. Thanks.

I have another question about steering rack. I'll have m54 with m54 steering pump, can i put e46 rack and hoses, will it fit or would I need to modify hoses?

And one more, will e46 steering hoses fit on e36 steering rack?

Comment

Does anyone have a picture of the s54/m54 pedal in their e30?

The plastic bracket has a bolt at the top and a section which snaps into the floor recessed.

The only way I can see fitting this securely is to make a plate about 1/4" thick which bolts to the floor and has a slot in it allowing the pedal to locate in it. As I am doing this on a race car the pedal will sit off the floor slightly.

Can anyone share what try did?
                      Anthony

Comment

it will bolt to the E30, using the threads where the throttle detent goes. then apparently the bottom of the bracket needs some modification and epoxy or something to fit to where the E30 pedal locks in place.

you don't need a metal plate.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

check out chasebays they have the power steering hose for an m54 into an e30 instead of trying to do it on your own

Comment

Just to be clear, the non-M E46 pedal will work with an S54?

Comment

For Thread Clarification on E46 Bracket Modification:

In first pic, notice that mounting is about 2" toward rear of car from the rear of the sound deadening where the orig mount point was.

Comment

Working...
                              X