No announcement yet.

Watergate 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^I agree with your anlaysis of the democrats failures. I personally feel the GOP failed by nominating Trump. While yes he won, it should have never been as close as it was and his loose mouth is already catching up to him. He can no longer change subkects and sound bites quick enough for the press not to call out his constant lines of bs. However, unlike the democrats, it is the GOP voters that failed the party. So many of my friends and family admittedly tossed out all their principles to vote for him under the rationale off he is not Hillary.

While my personal feelings towards HC are extremely negative and I could never vote for her, I personally could not vote for Trump solely for the reason he is not her. I am not judging or placing blame for anyone for doing that, but do feel that when a country becomes so divided that they will simply vote for a person because they are in opposition of the opposing party you end up with candidates who are unprincipled and simply the loudest and most unhinged. I fear it may be a short term win followed by a long term loss if his administration doesnt statt getting its stuff tohether. Other countries and the press are going to play him like a fiddle if he doesnt make some serious changes and quickly.

I wish the press was half as hard and investigated Obama as much as they already have this one. I will not dismiss it as many right wingers have as media bias, as they should ask hard questions and keep the president honest. I just wish they would do it to both GOP and Dems equally

.On a side note: not sure if anyone saw the Sanders Cruz debate, but it was a very informative and respectfull thought provocing debate. I enjoyed it and hope the will do more of them. 1-2 hrs to really dig into a single topic, and have substantive discussion.
    Last edited by naplesE30; 02-15-2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by estoguy View Post
      Well here's the thing... what's wrong with making nice with Russia?

They've done more in a year fighting ISIS than the entire western coalition. They aren't the commies anymore. I mean, I've had some issues over Putin, but honestly, he's probably one of the best world leaders out there... he's smart, articulate, and knows politics. He made Obama look like a chump in comparison.

During the campaign, Hillary was beating the war drum pretty hard, and for what? Just because they are Russians? War with Russia isn't needed.

Isn't that the truth. I've been harping this since the Red Scare suddenly rebirthed and everyone started freaking out about the evil Russians.

As for laying groundwork in an arena where you have very little prior foundation, what would you do, seriously? Remember, Russian hacking hasn't been proven, which leads us here:

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
      Trump is an entertainer, he's doing what he does best.

Remember this folks.

Leadership is quite the manipulative art.
      Derek-

Comment

Here's the question... how much did Russia REALLY affect the election?
        How much is not relevant if it can be proven that a crime of any sort took place. If Trump was involved in any way with a foreign govt to manipulate the results of the election, he should be drug out in handcuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
          How much is not relevant if it can be proven that a crime of any sort took place. If Trump was involved in any way with a foreign govt to manipulate the results of the election, he should be drug out in handcuffs.
          I agree

But

The sources alleging collusion with Russia have no credibility, haven been proven during the election cycle to be loose with the facts.

And this just in, the FBI says it will not pursue any charges against Flynn
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I think a lot of people are thinking to tinfoil hat into it, thinking that they are accusing russia of like, physically altering our vote counts and shit.

More likely they paid for a shit ton of pro Trump or Anti Hillary advertising, especially online to get young people to hate hillary and vote for bernie, then not vote at all when hillary wins by default.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
              I think a lot of people are thinking to tinfoil hat into it, thinking that they are accusing russia of like, physically altering our vote counts and shit.

More likely they paid for a shit ton of pro Trump or Anti Hillary advertising, especially online to get young people to hate hillary and vote for bernie, then not vote at all when hillary wins by default.
              I stand by my statement that if the Trump campaign sought the help of the Russian govt to secure a win, even in the form of advertising and increasing voter turn out in their favor, he's not fit to be president.

Comment

before any of you hyperventilate over Flynn, Dennis Kucinich of all people is defending Trump

Breaking News, Latest News and Current News from FOXNews.com. Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                  I stand by my statement that if the Trump campaign sought the help of the Russian govt to secure a win, even in the form of advertising and increasing voter turn out in their favor, he's not fit to be president.
                  and seriously, phone calls are listened to by the NSA and others. if there was collusion the NY Times would have it on their front page about 2 months ago
                  Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                    and seriously, phone calls are listened to by the NSA and others. if there was collusion the NY Times would have it on their front page about 2 months ago
                    That depends on if they're willing to leak the contents. In this context it looks like they took to the chain of command first and when that was ignored they went public.

So far with what we currently know the acting AG, Sally Yates warned the president that Flynn had been in contact with Russians prior to the transfer of power to the new admin. Trump did nothing about this and communicated to the press last week that he hadn't heard about it and would look into it.

I'm not saying this is watergate but it should be fully investigated.

Comment

But Her Emails
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

Here's the question... how much did Russia REALLY affect the election?
                        It didn't. At all. But it's apparently easier to hysterically blame a boogeyman for your crushing defeat than to accept any responsibility for it.

Bottom line - the Democrats lost the election all on their own. They ignored the grassroots by annointing Clinton over Sanders through a rigged process, insulted voters they should have been trying to sway, and totally misread the general feeling of the electorate, especially the feelings towards Clinton. That people are still belly aching about an election result 3 months after the fact is pretty sad. The Democrats need to seriously look themselves in the mirror before the next election.
                        Totally agree brother, only they're doing a lot more than belly aching: they're acting like thugs and anarchists, actively trying to destabilize their country just because they lost the election.

Look at the contrast after Obama was elected - and he sure wasn't popular AT ALL with conservatives.

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                        I'm not saying this is watergate but it should be fully investigated.
                        The Obama administration requested several F.I.S.A. court orders authorizing them to spy on Trump and his inner circle during the election campaign. I'd sure as hell want to see that sort of blatant abuse of the intelligence services investigated.

Plus, since we all apparently have short memories these days, there's this:

Before he was elected, Obama sent William Miller to Tehran, Iran to sent a message to the mullahs that they were going to have it much easier once he was elected, and to stop negotiating with Bush.

Hello? Where was the outrage over this? Iran is ACTUALLY an enemy of the Unites States, and was back in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                          The Obama administration requested several F.I.S.A. court orders authorizing them to spy on Trump and his inner circle during the election campaign. I'd sure as hell want to see that sort of blatant abuse of the intelligence services investigated.
                          Source?

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                          Plus, since we all apparently have short memories these days, there's this:

Before he was elected, Obama sent William Miller to Tehran, Iran to sent a message to the mullahs that they were going to have it much easier once he was elected, and to stop negotiating with Bush.

Hello? Where was the outrage over this? Iran is ACTUALLY an enemy of the Unites States, and was back in 2008.
                          How about a more reputable source on this than a blog post containing a now-deleted mark fucking levin interview? and dont bother if you're going to cite breitbart

Comment

Bottom line - the Democrats lost the election all on their own. They ignored the grassroots by annointing Clinton over Sanders through a rigged process, insulted voters they should have been trying to sway, and totally misread the general feeling of the electorate, especially the feelings towards Clinton. That people are still belly aching about an election result 3 months after the fact is pretty sad. The Democrats need to seriously look themselves in the mirror before the next election.
                            Yep. That's why I couldn't vote for Hillary. They did it to themselves and really only have themselves to blame. I maintain 100% that Bernie would have swept the election. But Hillary bought and paid for it. Corruption like that can't stand, so I am in a way happy she lost. It's a good lesson to the DNC. But why did they have to teach the lesson to all of us at such an expense?
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

From NPR,

A U.S. intelligence official tells NPR there are both transcripts and recordings of Michael Flynn's calls with the Russian ambassador and that they don't suggest he was acting under instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                                Of course not, they are a gov't funded entity and don't want it taken away or lessened.

/tinfoilhat
                                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X