Another Accelerator Pedal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Accelerator Pedal Question

I'm working under the commonly accepted understanding that the E46 pedal base should be able to bolt in at the E30 throttle stop, in a position that allows the lower end of the base to be epoxy'd to the E30 pedal "tab".

I can see that the E46 base is too long to be properly clipped onto that "tab" because the bolt hole would end up above the throttle stop. But when I went to install it, the fitment seems much worse.

This first photo shows the base fully bolted into the throttle stop. Is it just me, or does this seem too far off to simply flex it down and epoxy to the tab?

Next you can see how the base looks when it's mounting "slot" is positioned against the chassis tab, on the side of the tab closer to the driver's seat.

What am I missing here?

Originally posted by butters View Post
    I'm working under the commonly accepted understanding that the E46 pedal base should be able to bolt in at the E30 throttle stop, in a position that allows the lower end of the base to be epoxy'd to the E30 pedal "tab".

I can see that the E46 base is too long to be properly clipped onto that "tab" because the bolt hole would end up above the throttle stop. But when I went to install it, the fitment seems much worse.

This first photo shows the base fully bolted into the throttle stop. Is it just me, or does this seem too far off to simply flex it down and epoxy to the tab?

Next you can see how the base looks when it's mounting "slot" is positioned against the chassis tab, on the side of the tab closer to the driver's seat.

What am I missing here?
    Check my build thread for howto in my signature.

Also here:

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
      Check my build thread for howto in my signature.

Also here:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show....php?p=4722403
      I did see that, but was hoping to do it without pulling the carpet or cutting/welding.

Comment

Working...
      X