Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel balancing with no balance weights on the rim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel balancing with no balance weights on the rim?

What's going on every one, the other day I got a pair of RS Reps (16x8) mounted and balanced to a bf Goodrich comp pro 2 (205/45r16) I notice that none of my wheels had weights, is there a new system of doing the balance or did they forget?

Ps car seems to drive fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No stick on weights no weights that tuck behind the wall of the wheel? None at all?? Occasionally a wheel and tire will be perfectly balanced with no weight but reallly uncommon probably like 95% need some weight in my experience...
    BMW tech
    Umass Amherst
    05 wrx sti

Comment

None on all 4 wheels , when I was in the shop I asked if they forgot the weights lol , I really couldn't hear him but I thought he said it's inside the wheel

Comment

Originally posted by Mixedbyjairo View Post
        None on all 4 wheels , when I was in the shop I asked if they forgot the weights lol , I really couldn't hear him but I thought he said it's inside the wheel
        Wtf? inside the wheel? like under the tire? If that's what they told you, that's some BS.
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Cool i thought I was wrong I'm going up there tomorrow and ask what the deal is.. there is a very light vibration around 50-60 mph. I just didn't know what it was cause I also need a lot suspension work

Comment

sounds like a wheel is out of balance lol
            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
            Q
            :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
              sounds like a wheel is out of balance lol

[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

The only wheels/tire I've ever seen not needing weights was pretty high end setup. My buddy had a custom set of work VS-XX made for his 370z and to balance them out, they just rotated the tire slightly on the wheel and it balanced out perfect.

Dropping like $4500 on a set of wheels and tires, I'd expect something like that.
                -89' 320iT, Brilliantrot
                -15' 320i, Glacier Silver Metallic

Comment

They are probably just stick on weights that are on the inside of the barrel.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                  X