Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s14 throttle bodies on a m10

Can s14 throttle bodies fit on a m10?

don't know.. but someone stuck them on an m42 with megasquirt. fast as balls.
    PNW Crew
    90 m3
    06 m5

Comment

Originally posted by uofom3 View Post
      don't know.. but someone stuck them on an m42 with megasquirt. fast as balls.
      pointless for the m42. the spacing is different. get euro s5x ttb's and cut 2 off. they're spaced right, just the bolt pattern doesn't line up. a simple half inch adapter can be easily made. or you could buy the dblias settup, or one from another company in the u.s. somewhere... just can't remember the name right now.

Don't know about M10's though.

Comment

M10s have the same spacing as the s14, so I don't see why not.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I was wrong - the throttles were put on an m10 with megasquirt*
          PNW Crew
          90 m3
          06 m5

Comment

It will fit with a lot of machining. Need to make a thick flange for the M10. Cut the S14 throttle flange. Weld. And lot of filling and porting. But yeah. It can be done.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

seems like it'd be easier just to do the m20 e10 swap

If I had an 83-84 318i I'd leave the damn thing alone and get a faster car.
              Not that I care, of course.

Comment

I'm telling you, m10 e30's can be fun little car to put around in - reminds me a kart. You HAVE TO learn how to carry your speed - even in in-town driving!!!

If I forced someone to drive an m10 for a month, they would become a better driver - I'm sure of it.

Best M10 mod seems to be a turbo. It's not like m10 blocks and heads are worth that much. That's when you have one long block in the car and one on the workbench. Boost the hell out of it, and have one motor ready to go in after it needs a "freshening up"
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                  Best M10 mod seems to be a turbo. It's not like m10 blocks and heads are worth that much. That's when you have one long block in the car and one on the workbench. Boost the hell out of it, and have one motor ready to go in after it needs a "freshening up"
                  Agreed, I've got a couple of blocks and heads lying around. if something happens to the one in my car I can just chuck a new one in, I've got studs and MLS gasket which are all re-usable so its only really labour and things like timing cover gaskets.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                    its only really labour and things like timing cover gaskets.
                    Yea, you got me there ...
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                      It will fit with a lot of machining. Need to make a thick flange for the M10. Cut the S14 throttle flange. Weld. And lot of filling and porting. But yeah. It can be done.

S14 ITB flange wants to be where the water outlet (-that F-shaped pipe-) is, not a simple thing to solve. TPS more or less hits that water pipe also. I cut it shorter but that way you'll lose one of the 3 temperature switch/sensor holes. Depending on engine management that may or may not matter. I'll probably post pics when I finish my adapter. This is one of those jobs that if you have to ask "is it difficult", just forget it. I'm just cutting and drilling and coming up with solutions as I go :).

Some people have cut throttle flanges off and welded on 318i L-jet parts instead. S14 fuel rail has injectors on straight, L-jet has them at an angle so you need the right fuel rail also whatever you do.

-Jarno
                      Last edited by petrolhead; 05-11-2014, 06:57 AM.

Comment

There was an e21 that ran s14 itbs on his m10. Then boosted, then switched to efi & boost. No idea where his build thread is, but yes it has been done.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X