No announcement yet.

★ ★ Project Glacier | Make the E30 a Daily Again ★ ★

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! I have an OBD1 manifold leftover from my blow'd up s50, has all new hoses and stuff
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
      Nice! I have an OBD1 manifold leftover from my blow'd up s50, has all new hoses and stuff

Plus a set of S50 cams and cam trays? Give him a package deal
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Grabbed an M50 manifold from the junkyard today.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I'm building an M52 for my 4 door e30 as well, I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress.

Comment

M52urbo pls

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
              M52urbo pls
              That's the plan lol

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

WHP goals with turbski?
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                  WHP goals with turbski?
                  350-400 wheel. Somewhere in there.

Comment

Nice - so easily done. We can all forgive you for the Futuras now.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I actually emailed VR Wheels yesterday about getting them fixed... so that's happening, finally.

I ransacked the junk yard again for parts that I may or may not need. I'm not terribly sure. I figured I'd rather have more junk than not enough junk lol

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                        350-400 wheel. Somewhere in there.

You're going need more rubber than a 205 this time, i'll hold my forgiveness until i see some real tires on there.
                        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

What r u doing these aren't Tacoma parts.
                          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                            You're going need more rubber than a 205 this time, i'll hold my forgiveness until i see some real tires on there.
                            Yeah... I'm not too sure what to do about that. I was thinking 225/45 star specs on the Futura's but idk if that will be enough. I might consider stepping up to 17's or 245/40 RS4's on some fat 15's hehehe

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                            What r u doing these aren't Tacoma parts.
                            I know... it's bad. I have too many projects. And, Ryzen isn't gonna help if it's good. Currently I'm thinking armor for the taco with refund monies, for now.

Comment

Quick update on the E30. I just bought a bunch of truck parts so the swap has been pushed down the list of priorities a bit. I want to get suspension, tires, and the remaining armor for the truck before I really continue more with the E30.

As such, since the M20 isn't really working properly, I decided to fix it up so it's driveable because I really miss driving it. Currently, if it is dead cold, it will fire right up and run ok. It seems to misfire under light load and occasionally under WOT. Then, once it gets warmed up and I turn it off, leave it off for like 15-30 minutes, and try to start it up again, it will fire straight away and then die. Eventually it will fire and stay alive but just barely. It's really confusing.

I've tested the AFM and TPS and they seem fine. The temp sensor is <3 years old. I did a smoke test and that didn't reveal anything major (just a decent sized leak from the bitch tube but I don't think that would be causing these issues). We tested the fuel pressure and it was showing really low so I think something may have been wrong with the test set up so I'd like to redo that. The injectors are cleaned/flow tested M50 ones that are only a few years old. However I did order a new Walbro 255 because I do need it for the swap anyways. That should be here sometime this week, I hope. Other than that, I got new spark plugs, fuel filter and engine bay fuel hose (even though I redid that like 2 years ago... stupid cheap AutoZone fuel line). If the fuel pump doesn't fix this I'm going to be seriously puzzled...
                              Last edited by lambo; 03-20-2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Regarding OBD1 vs OBD2, there is no reason to go OBD1 anymore. Just get the ews deleted, plus any other stuff you don't need (secondary O2s, evap, running loss valve, SAP) and it's literally plug and play and you retain all the OBD2 fault code reporting, you can use an OBD2 bluetooth adapter - great stuff

Looking forward to swap progress!
                                '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                                Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
                                X