DIY: Hydraulic Handbrake Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    I'd like to see you properly suggest some rubber isolation grommets where the hardlines pass through the body to the exterior/underside of the car, but otherwise, great writeup!
    some vacuum line or 3/16 fuel hose cut down the side,peeled over the hard line. that would definitely do the trick.
    :borg:

Comment

I made my own setup with a wilwood master so that the lever comes up through the cigarette lighter hole (I like having a full interior) Tons of fun though!

One important thing for anyone using the wilwood master, make sure you order some fittings with it!! wilwood uses an obscure 7/16-20 fitting that no store nearby had.... I had to wait another week before i could put it in :(

Comment

Works great!

Also the little valve i added pre input works just as intended for burnouts lol

Thanks again

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
        -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

secondary calipers any time soon?
          ERHMAGHERD! BERMER!

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerboy709 View Post
            secondary calipers any time soon?
            From playing around really no need. Idk about jezza but works just great.

Comment

My car has the secondary wilwood calipers from Massive on it. I've driven a friend's E30 with the ASD setup, it works really, really well if you don't give a shit about left foot braking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Bowers View Post
                My car has the secondary wilwood calipers from Massive on it. I've driven a friend's E30 with the ASD setup, it works really, really well if you don't give a shit about left foot braking.
                Ian,

I was thinking about that, the valve i installed could be turned on and still have full use of the e brake and you could technically still use the brakes, though you'd just be using the fronts.

Dual caliper setup is nice, but until costs go down its nearly an additional 400ish

Comment

Originally posted by mikeday View Post
                  I made my own setup with a wilwood master so that the lever comes up through the cigarette lighter hole (I like having a full interior) Tons of fun though!
                  Pics?
                  The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                  Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                  2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                  2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                    Ian,

I was thinking about that, the valve i installed could be turned on and still have full use of the e brake and you could technically still use the brakes, though you'd just be using the fronts.

Dual caliper setup is nice, but until costs go down its nearly an additional 400ish

Very true about your line lock. I ran front brake only for an event before I had the secondary calipers; I didn't like the feeling of the rear of the car pushing the front under braking.

It is expensive. I can't argue that; I paid more around 5-6 after getting the pads and shipping, and I know at my level of driving, I'm not taking full advantage of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                      Pics?
                      It seams I dont have any pics with the ash tray assembly back in on my phone...

But it comes up like so.

And looks like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Bowers View Post
                        Not sure what this means. Why and in what way does the ASD setup affect left foot braking?
                        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                        Originally posted by mbonanni
                        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Sometimes you'll actually want to left foot brake while applying the handbrake which becomes problematic with an inline set up.
                          E-9 Motorsports

Supported by:
                          Insane Innovations LLC
                          DTMFiberwerkz
                          Achilles Radial

Comment

Ok, I can certainly live with that.
                            I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

This looks keeen, wantt
                              Check Out My Photography

aPapester Photography Facebook

Comment

Who else wants to post up a pic of their hydro hand brake setup? I want to mount mine further back than most posted here so as to keep the front portion of the console around the shifter but get rid of the rear part. I also have to keep the cable system for safety inspections and in case I ever get stopped by Police or Vehicle Compliance. I could probably get away with getting a friend at work do the inspection, but it's not worth the risk if someone who knows what they're looking at gets nosy later on.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Working...
                                X