Hennarot S50B32 M3 consumes my spare time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    I'll be picking up tires (225/45/16 Dunlop ZII) for these guys Friday.
    Do the centercaps match in color finally? We went through almost 2 complete sets of OE Nogaro wheels a few years back and could never get the factory caps to match the wheels in color.

Enjoy the new car.
    Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
      that car was built by Jason89i, I'm 90% certain. I couldn't find the build thread but I'm sure he originally put it together.

Same car? Had some upgrades since he sold it:
      http://www.s14.net/forums/forum/s14/...2-near-chicago
      This brings back memories! I always thought this car was flat out awesome. I can't believe Jason was asking 20K. That is crazy cheap in today's E30 M3 marketplace.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I actually have no idea!
        It looks like stock pedals and a really small booster, but I don't know what it came out of.
        hmn. if small booster, is probably from an E21 IIRC long-nearly forgotten discussions. one can offset the pivot point on the stock pedal box and then move the booster a bit (half inch or so) from the plenum as well. I have all manner of different pieces somewhere in the basement.

I'll be picking up tires (225/45/16 Dunlop ZII) for these guys Friday.
        (Sport Evo OE wheels, from dealer)
        those are certainly one way to go. what does a set of those new from the dealer run these days ? IIRC around $1700 or so the last time I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
          This brings back memories! I always thought this car was flat out awesome. I can't believe Jason was asking 20K. That is crazy cheap in today's E30 M3 marketplace.
          I remember thinking $20k for a swapped m3 seemed like a lot at the time. Now, I'm pretty sure i could sell my rolling chassis with no interior for $10k in a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
            rolling chassis with no interior for $10k in a minute.
            You've got PM.

j/k

Looks great Eric, can't wait to see it. Help me put the sedan's motor in mine!

Comment

Definetly dude, I'm going to make a for sale add once I remove the motor, but it should be a direct swap besides the booster, and bashing the firewall a little bit for header clearance. Most "$500 S50 swap" believers will be turned off by the price though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

My E30 v2.0

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
                Do the centercaps match in color finally? We went through almost 2 complete sets of OE Nogaro wheels a few years back and could never get the factory caps to match the wheels in color.

Enjoy the new car.

Thanks Chris, the centers look pretty close, but to be honest, I haven't even opened up all the boxes yet!

How's the vsr composite program developing? Will I be able to buy a hood + M1 vent someday?

Comment

Super cool Eric, I for sure want to check it out in person!! ;D
                  sigpic
                  HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                  " enjoy the show "

Comment

Great find and nice to see you back in an M car! Going back to S14?? And those Sport wheels look awesome.
                    Continuous For Sale Thread
                    323i s50

Comment

In for quality photography and sexy m3.

Comment

Originally posted by Court M3 View Post
                        Great find and nice to see you back in an M car! Going back to S14?? And those Sport wheels look awesome.
                        I honestly don't think the balance is ruined at all with the S50 motor. The car is quite fun to drive + has low end torque for thumping around town.

Now building an S14 powered 2002 with my sons when they get a bit older, that'd be an awesome experience!

New tires were mounted today.
                        Untitled by ericandshovin, on Flickr

Comment

Some oddities I noticed when really looking the car over.

This hole is not on the drivers side.

That is a hole paintless dent repairmen drill to insert their rods into inaccessble areas in order to pop dents back out. I find it really strange they cure one problem by creating another potentially more serious problem.

Comment

Definetly dude, I'm going to make a for sale add once I remove the motor, but it should be a direct swap besides the booster, and bashing the firewall a little bit for header clearance. Most "$500 S50 swap" believers will be turned off by the price though...

Are you swapping the s50 for something else?

Comment

Originally posted by kristov View Post
                              Are you swapping the s50 for something else?

No, Adam and I were talking about my e30 sedan. Sorry if that was confusing!

Comment

Excited to see where this goes
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	7165092
                                '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                                '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                                '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                                '91 Alpine 318is

Comment