Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B5 S4, operation money pit. Forever evolving, never ending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

b5's are still my favorite audi body style - miss mine. good luck with yours!
    91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
    ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

have fun with it. They are awesome cars. If you have the cash to spend, I can't imagine its different than any other high performing, high tolerance sports car.
      Yours truly,
      Rich
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Rigmaster
      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Well this thing is living up to it's name so far, but mostly my fault.

Eurodyne has the base tune for this car very confusing. The readme specifies a P/N for a V8 MAF, so I purchased it due to having excessive timing retard and innacurate fuel trims.

Installed the new MAF, and my LTFT's pegged at 25%, and my timing retard stayed in the danger zone. I was looking at my fuel pressure, and decided to pinch off the return hose and see what happened, no change.

So I unplugged the MAF, and the car ran much better. This is when I began looking closely at the maps in Maestro, and found the drop down selector box for MAF sensors. Selected the proper maf, and my LTFT's are at 2%.

So tonight I installed new diverter valves and a new FPR for good measure. I think I finally have things squared away, unless my logs tomorrow show low boost.....

We're getting there, one step at a time.

Repair list so far:

B2S1 O2 sensor
        New Audi V8 MAF (my fault, because I HAD to tune it.)
        New bosch 4 bar FPR (probably was OK, but it's $30 so it can't hurt)
        New Fuel filter (original was still on the car)
        2 new 710N diverter valves

This S4 is living up to it's name, but I don't care. I love this car!

I'm starting a new turbo fund, just in case. I'm not going to go past stage 1 unless I have enough money for k04's or equivalent. (Thinking Frankenturbo's)
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Installed the guage for my lc-2 last night. Still have to install the rest which I hope to do on Saturday. Then I can actually tune this thing.

Red digital, blacks out when off.
          No E30 Club
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I love those cars but my god are they piles of crap.

Start a VR6 or LSX fund instead.

Comment

Meh, the good r32's only came in 2 door and if I go ls it's not going to be German.

And if you meant swap, no. There is nothing wrong with a motor that can put 500 horsepower to 4 wheels on stock internals.
              No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                Meh, the good r32's only came in 2 door and if I go ls it's not going to be German.

And if you meant swap, no. There is nothing wrong with a motor that can put 500 horsepower to 4 wheels on stock internals.
                Who said anything about an R32? I'm talking about a good old fashioned 12v iron block VR with a fat turbo hanging off the side.

Comment

Yea, except then I will be giving up something. I'm going for a package deal here. If I ever go past 500-600whp, maybe.
                  No E30 Club

Comment

if you want 600hp+ then go for 770r turbos or massive single and make it a 3l.
                    1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
                    2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
                    <<Flickr>>

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
                      I love those cars but my god are they piles of crap.

Start a VR6 or LSX fund instead.
                      BTW, where in Winchester are you?

I just moved here in August.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

I am in Berryville but my shop is downtown near Handley High school. My brother has a VW/ Audi shop in Winchester called PD Autowerks in the same building as me. PM me if you wanna come check it out or just hang out, we are always there screwing around with some sort of project! Do you live in Winchester?

BTW, where in Winchester are you?

I just moved here in August.

Comment

Yessir, I am by the Medical Center. I'm currently working 6 days a week while we complete a mod on all the coach cars at work. I'll definitely look it up though and stop by whenever I get a chance.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

Loved my B5 S4 Nogaro Blue until the Turbos went at 80k. Did the turbos and sold it to a buddy who still owns it then rolled the cash into a down payment on a Diesel Truck and purchased my E30. Maintenance is key and clutches are expensive. ECS has a lot of parts now. Good Luck.
                            1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
                            5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Yessir, I am by the Medical Center. I'm currently working 6 days a week while we complete a mod on all the coach cars at work. I'll definitely look it up though and stop by whenever I get a chance.
                              Cool, www.pdautowerks.com I'm not on Facebook but he is. He has a B5 A4 track car he is building right now. Its getting the suspension from 034's time attack car, turbo upgrade, Porsche brakes, cage etc.

Comment

Well its been a fun couple of months.

I finally got the tune to where I feel comfortable closing up the laptop for a while. Found d a few tables that were completely incorrect, backed down the requested load to where the k03's won't just be pumping heat past 5k, and raised the torque limit under max load so my ecm won't constantly be pulling boost and timing. Also had to smooth out the fuel correction.

Moral, even Eurodynes advertised road ready stage 1 is far from road safe. The car will pull hard but I don't consider 10* timing pull safe. I'm now at 0-3 across the board and after running it hard for a bit I will get up to 6-7 but considering my stock cats are getting very hot at that point, I feel its acceptable. I can make 2 full 1-3 gear pulls and only get one or two hickups of 3* correction.

If anyone else here goes VAG and wants some help with Eurodyne, PM me. Tapp is useless for help past getting started.
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X