Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: 1989 Auto BMW 325i $4000 OBO with manual swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1989 Auto BMW 325i $4000 OBO with manual swap.

I'm selling my automatic 1989 BMW 325i and I really don't want to do this, but I just graduated college and am moving from Chicago for a job. I don't have enough room to take 2 cars with me so unfortunately I have to sell it. I bought the car in August 2015 and it has been a ton of fun. It started off with metal bumpers since it was a transition year, built in the later part of 1988, but I swapped out the metal bumpers for plastic ones. My original plan was to drive the car and save up some money to do a manual swap, but I won't have the space to do that.

I am the 3rd owner and the car has about 170,XXX miles. The odometer works so the mileage is original and will slightly go up as I start the car and drive it around when there isn't snow on the ground to keep the battery front going flat. The car has been in Chicago it's entire life and has a bit of rust, but nothing structural. Pictures of the rust are shown and the biggest spot is the front drivers quarter panel.

The car was in a bit of a fender bender, but nothing structural was damaged. My sister was driving the car and slid off the road ruining the front valance shown in the pictures below. The car was fixed at A&L auto body in Palatine which is an IND distributor for the Chicago area. Anthony is a great guy and did a great job fixing the car. The front valance was replaced, including a new oil cooler, radiator, fan, and fan clutch. Pictures of the damage and after it was fixed are shown. The car has a clean title since everything was done out of pocket.

The car was fixed last winter and has been garaged during the entire time I've owned it. After the car was fixed I drove it to school in Iowa without a problem. I replaced the oil with Castrol 20W-50 and a Bosch oil filter when I first got it in August 2015 and then in the middle of this past summer. I have driven the car less than 5,000 since I've owned it. The fuel filter and rubber hoses were replaced as well.

I completely refreshed the suspension this past summer with Bilstein shocks and H&R sports springs. Front shock mounts were replaced with OE mounts and rear shock mounts were replaced with Turner Motorsport rear shock mounts. I also used new 5mm rear spring pads instead of the OE ones. An Ireland engineering strut bar is in the car as well.

VIN
    WBAAD2307K8847440

Pros:
    -Crack free dash
    -Clean title
    -Clean interior
    -New head unit with bluetooth capability and mic
    -Healthy engine, did compression test when I got the car and all 6 cylinders were within 4-5% of each other
    -Paint is pretty good
    -Stock 3.73 LSD
    -Timing belt and water pump done about 6000 miles ago
    -New Nissens radiator (December 2015) with new coolant
    -New front valance same color
    -New fan and fan clutch (December 2015)
    -New oil cooler (December 2015)
    -New fuel filter and hoses (June 2016)
    -New battery (June 2016)
    -Castrol 20W-50 Oil and Bosch Filter (July 2016)
    -Diff fluid replaced (July 2016) 75W140 Castrol Diff fluid
    -New suspension, Bilstein Shocks/H&R Sport Springs (August 2016)
    -New rubber suspension bushings front and rear (August 2016)
    -New Firestone Wide Oval tires 205/45/R16 (Mounted and balanced September 2016)
    -Comes with 2 sets of wheels
    E38 BBS style 5 (16x8 et23) center caps included
    BMW bottle caps with Michelin all season tires (lots of tread left)

Cons:
    Car has a couple rust spots, nothing structural
    2 small rock chips in windshield
    Steering rack leaks a little bit

Vin Decoder

When the car was first purchased.

Damage after front bumper was taken off.

Damaged Radiator that was replaced.

New Front Valance

Replacing rear bumpers

Rust

Drivers Front Quarter Panel

Passanger Front Door

Car Currently

I'm not trying to screw anyone over so this is everything both positive and negative about the car. The car has a clean title and I have driven the car from Chicago to Iowa, Nebraska, and Wisconsin without a problem. I would have no problem driving this car cross country. I really don't want to sell it, but my situation requires me to and I would love to see it go to a good home. PM for any other questions or pictures. Car is currently in the garage and if anyone is interested I have no problem letting them test drive it as long as they're a serious buyer. No trades. $4500 OBO with the manual swap.
    Last edited by brokecollegekid; 06-06-2017, 06:36 AM.

Bump. I don't want to part it out.

Comment

It definitely would be a pitty to part out.

Comment

I'd like to come look at the car. Please check your pm's sir

Comment

Me thinks you have a 1988 model on your hands there - possibly a Super ETA motor? Its got the larger tail light assemblies from the late model E30s while still having the diving board bumpers of the earlier E30s.....this was a 1 year "transition" for E30s. 1989 and on had the sleeker plastic bumpers with identical tail lights.

Jon
          Rides...
          1991 325i - sold :(
          2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

It's not an ETA motor. The car was built on September 12, 1988 so it's a late model. Someone else here said that BMW went through a transition phase of putting whatever metal bumpers they had left over on their cars before switching to the plastic bumpers.

Comment

Bump, just bought a new oil cooler that comes with the car.

Comment

DO NOT part this out. its a clean e30 that just needs alittle love! I love 88 4 doors. glws
                1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump, I know someone wants this.

Comment

up up and away

Comment

I actually test drove this car from the previous owner. I inquired about the bumpers and according to him, the previous owner before him swapped the bumpers because he liked the diving board style better than plastics.
                        1986 BMW 318i - Bronzit
                        1991 BMW 318is - Alpinweiss
                        1990 BMW 325is - Zinnoberrot
                        1991 BMW 318is - Alpinweiss
                        1987 BMW 325e - Lapisblau

Comment

This is exactly what my friend is looking for, he will have the money for it soon. Any rust? Can you post the VIN?
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It has a little bit of rust on the front quarter panels which I'll post pics of later tonight. No structural rust. VIN is WBAAD2307K8847440.

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                              X