Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    Simon, you should start using proxies.
    even better, set up team viewer to your home computer and get on r3v there lol

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

The work environment has been wonderful my whole time here, but the owners son has started to take more of a managerial role and its showing. Theres a lot of little red flags here and there...

I have ventured into the Hot Girls thread a few times and have to get out of it quick :rofl:
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I never understood how some businesses operate. As long as your employee is meeting or exceeding your expectations, who cares what they do.
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

It's all about micromanaging every last second of your employees time to maximise potential of the company.
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
            even better, set up team viewer to your home computer and get on r3v there lol
            dude. you guys. VPN. seriously.

encrypt the traffic before it leaves your computer and then nobody can tell what you're doing, they just see a VPN tunnel.

i actually had to do this during my iraq deployment because one of my sergeants was packet-sniffing and being a shithead about me torrenting.
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

There are people where I work that hit the elevator and go outside to smoke about once an hour. They essentially waste a minimum of 80 minutes a day taking the walk and the smoke. (I figure at least 10 minute per cig) I need mental breaks, too, so I hit r3v and poke around Jalopnik for a few minutes here & there. That'll be my story if I ever get harassed.
              R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
              └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                It's all about micromanaging every last second of your employees time to maximise potential of the company.
                This is a classic case of Penny wise and Pound foolish!

My ex bosses are like this. They don't realize how much they lose out on because of this small mindset.
                1990 325i
                2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                  There are people where I work that hit the elevator and go outside to smoke about once an hour. They essentially waste a minimum of 80 minutes a day taking the walk and the smoke. (I figure at least 10 minute per cig) I need mental breaks, too, so I hit r3v and poke around Jalopnik for a few minutes here & there. That'll be my story if I ever get harassed.
                  Yup, this all day long. And if they are going to micromanage, you don't want to work there. Good luck in your new search.

Comment

My old employer did things like this, my new one wont bother unless you dont get your work done or are doing a cap job. Sure some sites are restricted but in general, its all open

Comment

Any updates?
                      1990 325i
                      2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
                        Any updates?

Well, #1, I stopped going on R3V using the work computer and I just use my phone seeing as how I have their Wi-Fi password it's not a big deal, just more careful about having my phone out.
                        #2 I have applied to a bunch of places, a few callbacks but nothing serious. At this point I am looking so I will continue to look until I'm out of here
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

I would be pissed if I were getting all my work done and getting shit for being on are three vee limited. Screw that lol
                          Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                          Q
                          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            I would be pissed if I were getting all my work done and getting shit for being on are three vee limited. Screw that lol
                            ...but just think about how much EXTRA work you could be getting done!
                            Steve • Toronto
                            1991 318is • Brillantrot
                            Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

That's exactly it. I do all my work with minimal errors and when I screw up I take ownership of it and fix it. The only complaint they had was about are three vee so I "fixed" that and they can't complain about anything come time for my next review.
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Oh man, this is like how when I worked at the dealer they bitched at us for sitting around.

My argument was always to walk to the bay door, and look at all the unsold cars and empty service lot, then walk back in and sit down.
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X