Tail/indicator wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tail/indicator wiring

So I've recently acquired myself another e30, 1983 320i with a 85-87 325i swap, judging from the motronic 1.0 ECU.
    Cars harness has been modified to round plug, and I have no tail lights(except reverse and no indicators at all.
    tach and fuel economy gauge are also not working, and I feel like it's connected.

I tried to measure voltage at the brakelight contact and there was none there either.
    checked all the fuses, relays and looked for obvious unhooked stuff, followed the wiring from the front all the way to the back, and the only stuff I found that looked dodgy was a black and a white plug lying in the trunk with nothing in them, but I have no clue what these are for.

I'm sorta lost now, and feel like I've gotten in way too deep. I didn't realize there was no tail lights before I was filling it up after I bought it.

is there anything that should've been obvious that I haven't checked? or does anyone have any ideas.

edit: Did ALL M20 cars have the check panel near the rear view mirror? Like I said mine is an 83, but the check panel is completely dead too, wonder if that's relevant?

as far as I can tell so far, most of the things that don't work go through C103, but at the same time some things that do work go through there too, but it's the most common plug unless the wiring diagrams don't show them all.

edit 2: got why the regular tails don't work, the check relay for the check panel is not there, and I didn't get one with the car. Guess I wont have tail lights till next week.

Still no clue on the indicators though, it looks like I have two different sockets for the hazard button though, neither of which made a difference.

edit 3: sorted it out, I didn't know the lights all passed through the check relay, and I found the correct plug for the hazard switch, it'll only blink on the right side with the hazard relay pressed, but whatever.

now to get the rest working.
    Last edited by Psygo; 02-24-2017, 10:10 AM.
Working...
X