1990 325is 390,000 miles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 325is 390,000 miles!

This is my daily driver. I've done way too much maintenance to list but she's reliable now. ^___^

And then I repainted the wing and put some 15x7 BBS RZs on her this week. Little bit of spring cleaning.

Look where you want to go!
    1990 325is
    1987 325is
    1992 318iC

Very nice looking! Pic of the odometer?
    sigpic
    Originally posted by JinormusJ
    Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
    1989 325is Raged on then sold.
    1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
    1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
    1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

It stopped working. Not exactly sure but I know it's over 390

1990 325is
      1987 325is
      1992 318iC

Comment

Love that this is your daily, I'm striving for the daily life as well. The catch up maintenance can seem never ending, but slowly getting there.

You may already be aware of this, but swapping some new odometer gears in is pretty simple. Gotta document your way to 500k!

ODOMETER GEAR REPAIR FOR YOUR BMW OR MERCEDES One of the most common complaints about older BMWs and Mercedes is that the odometer no longer works. Well, there is no need to live with a broken odometer in your classic Mercedes or BMW anymore. On most of these classic German cars the odometers stop rolling because the g

Comment

Looks good! You know it's a good car when it outlasts the Odometer (ok, some of them break before 200k, but most make it to at least 150 - and I don't mean the cars).

Has it had any body work? looks pretty straight too.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Wasn't there an e30 high mileage club thread going on for a while?

Glad to see you're keeping it running! :)

Comment

Must be an Alpine white thing... I had an early model alpine with 297K on the clock. Sold it in 2005 and have always regretted it. That car is probably longgggg gone now.
              E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

I agree on the alpine white thing... ;)

My alpine white '86 is just hitting 481K km (near 289K miles). I've been dailying her since purchase over 4 years ago. Done most of maintenance/repairs myself... only seen a shop 3 times. I drive about 50-60K km per year (30-36K miles). :D

Keep that old girl going! :)
                Estoguy
                1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  Looks good! You know it's a good car when it outlasts the Odometer (ok, some of them break before 200k, but most make it to at least 150 - and I don't mean the cars).

Has it had any body work? looks pretty straight too.
                  All the body work I've done myself. Just patches here and there, some minor repainting on trim and the rocker panels. It's the original paint. I've polished it and I try to wax it once every few months.

At some point I'd love to get another car so I can strip this down and fix everything from the ground up. But I'm in school and working so it's hard enough to find time to do much besides that.

I appreciate the compliments, guys! She's my pride and joy.
                  1990 325is
                  1987 325is
                  1992 318iC

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    You know it's a good car when it outlasts the Odometer (ok, some of them break before 200k, but most make it to at least 150 - and I don't mean the cars).
                    The odometer in my 325i broke at 80,000 miles :(
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

My first alpine white car is running very strong with no engine work done in 17 years is at approx 360,000 miles ,I am not sure why I have not ever adjusted the valves on this car but the motor is very quiet.MY replacement alpine white has only 103,000 miles on it and I have not started to drive it yet,alpine white seems to be good luck...

Comment

My Alpine 87' has 379k and feel pretty strong. Nice car!
                        Dean
                        Instagram
                        1987 325isA
                        1987 325i - 383k

Comment

Nice! There was a guy on e30tech back in the day (think 2004 or so) that had a 500k 325e. I can only hope he still has the car and that it's closer to 600 or 700k. That would be awesome. His name was Darien and his forum name was 400ke30 - I think he changed it to 500ke30 when it rolled over.

It was pretty impressive. At 400+k he had only had the head rebuilt. Stock and original bottom end (his dad bought the car new) and he was a pretty damn quick autoxer in that car too.

Comment

My orig. odo already stopped at 181k when i bought it , what mileage did you get it at originally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                            1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                            Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
                            1967 2002 parts car
                            1994 318iS junked.

Comment

That's nice!!

How long have you got the car and at what mileage did you get it?
                              1990 325i
                              2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X