Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily-able Racecar Build. Finally getting paint and other goodies! B)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the end of the summer I pulled the engine again because the clutch was slipping and transmission was really difficult to shift as my synchros were going out. Check that damage out!

Bought a new transmission and gave it good wash and some redline fluid.

After the engine was back in I daily drove the car again looking ratchet throughout the fall semester, but this was needed as my dads transmission went out and he needed to borrow my daily.

Also installed my dual shear selecting rod and AKG stage 3 short shifter. Then went on a late night road trip for a supercharger kit for an e36 that I will be retrofitting to my E30.
    sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
    Build Thread:
    Current ongoing build. Check it out!
    1991 318is 4dr rallycross
    Rallycross Build Thread.
    1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

After the end of the semester I started ordering lots of parts to start doing some work and making the car how I want it. Also took part in 200 drifters of december at summit point with a lot of awesome friends. Here is me and Stuart's car on the trailer the night before

Then went drifting with my rallycar in the snow. B)

Pictures of some cool stuff I bought for the car and will start installing soon.
      Voltmeter

Podi Gauge pod which will go in place of one of my vents.

New OEM mirrors and seals for when I paint the car.

Innovate wideband controller

BMW Motorsports roundels. One of my favorite purchases.

Euro trim

Then I pulled the car in the garage after new years and started some much needed work pulling the dash out and redoing some horrible wiring from the PO.

Also started redoing the engine bay wiring harness. It is all such a messss!

Bought this U-seal flashing from home depot as sound deadening for the car. Interested to see how it compares to the expensive stuff like dynomat.

Stay tuned for more updates as the after the interior I plan on beginning the prep for paint, color still undecided. Please feel free to leave suggestions!
      sigpic

Build Thread:
      Rallycross Build Thread.

Comment

great job so far.
        95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
        Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
        LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
          great job so far.
          Thank you sir.
          sigpic

Build Thread:
          Rallycross Build Thread.

Comment

Very curious how much the U seal quiets down the cars interior, let us know!

image (10) by serdar.gurhan, on Flickr
            PM me for custom shift knobs and stickers!
            Originally posted by marshallnoise
            You ain't done working on a car unless you are bleeding.

Comment

Originally posted by serdar255 View Post
              Very curious how much the U seal quiets down the cars interior, let us know!
              Will do. I plan on working on it today. It seems about the same thickness as dynomat and about 1/10 of the price. I wouldn't doubt if it was the same stuff.
              sigpic

Build Thread:
              Rallycross Build Thread.

Comment

Started working on the sound deadening tonight. It doesnt stick as well in the colder garage so I had to break out the heat gun. I plan on doing also the passenger side and trans tunnel. Might also do near the rear wheel arches just to quiet down road noise and rear end/wheel bearing noise.

This is almost half of a roll I bought from home depot at $16/roll. I plan on getting some of the foam duct insulation as well and layer over top of it to get a similar effect as what the 2 layer system from dynomat does.

Wasn't being careful and accidentally touched my arm to the heat gun and now my skin is in the process of dying.

Also where my speaker compartment is, there are some random connectors/wires I am unaware of what they are for. Anyone have a clue?
                sigpic

Build Thread:
                Rallycross Build Thread.

Comment

Loved this car when Jimmy had it, love it now. It's in dire need of some cleaning up at the moment, but you know that and are obviously already working on it. Can't wait to see it painted!
                  For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                  Originally posted by mbonanni
                  I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Man, I wish i could have seen this earlier and stopped you from putting down the home depot stuff.

my friend Brent used it on an aircooled volks and it got to temperature and started melting and made a huge mess of his carpet.

I'd reconsider. I know you put it down, but before you put carpet on it, look into how much heat it can hold before it starts to melt. You may find that fixing this now will save you a lot of headache in the future

Dave

Comment

That wiring, good lord. :shock:

I need to update my thread, haven't done it in forever.
                      ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
                      Originally posted by blunttech
                      I need you to exfoliate my ballsack
                      Build Thread?

Comment

i've been slimming and cleaning up my interior wiring. everything i needed aside from the cluster worked when i got the car so all those little plugs inside the speaker housing got removed.

maybe look up the diagrams on e30 wiki to see what you need. they've helped me out a LOT.

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
                        IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Working...
                        X