Alpine m30 336i e30 (2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88SuperETABD View Post
    You sure you haven't done any other weight reduction? I dont see how your car is 250 lbs lighter than mine with a bigger engine.

I tipped the scales at my work at 2805 lbs (1/2 tank of gas). My AC, washer fluid, trunk tar are gone, even converted to plastics. All stainless exhaust.

One of our scales are wrong. Or BMW hid some serious weight somewhere in my car. haha.
    Our scales usually read about 15-20 lbs light compared to most tracks we go to. The seats are a lot lighter and I've removed interior sound deadening/stereo also. That # is without driver weight
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Hmm, I wonder how much my subwoofer/stereo stuff weighs then! I weighed the sub by itself and it was 37 lbs, + 2 amps, + speakers, maybe thats where it all is.

Anywho, keep up the great work and lets see some ITB goodness :)
      (SOLD) 1988 327i Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155086
      1970 Gruppe 2 2902 M20 Turbo Build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=373891

Comment

Christmas is over and I started ordering parts...my first shipment of little stuff came in. Love my Massive booster delete plate! Looks awesome! Also picked up a ZF 320/flywheel/driveshaft/trans mount

Have some stuff coming from Blunt too, including brand new Z3M harness from BMW, s54 Radiator, etc. I'm currently shopping for a motor, under 100k miles, so if anyone knows of one, send it my way!

Sadly I sold my Azev's last week, never thought I would sell them but they won't fit over the brakes I'm going to be running. I sold them to a r3v member who happened to live a couple miles off of the route I was taking down to Sebring for a race weekend, I was pulling a 53' trailer full of cars and I couldn't fit into any parking lots/gas stations so I just pulled over, popped on the flashers, and sold the wheels. My first r3v roadside transaction :) Thanks MIke, hope you enjoy the wheels!
        Last edited by Jb325is; 01-08-2014, 12:26 PM.
        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post

Sadly I sold my Azev's last week, never thought I would sell them but they won't fit over the brakes I'm going to be running. I sold them to a r3v member who happened to live a couple miles off of the route I was taking down to Sebring for a race weekend, I was pulling a 53" trailer full of cars and I couldn't fit into any parking lots/gas stations so I just pulled over, popped on the flashers, and sold the wheels. My first r3v roadside transaction :) Thanks MIke, hope you enjoy the wheels!

Like a Baus.
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Starting tinkering with my engine bay a couple nights ago. For right now I'm just planning on removing all brackets and re-spraying it Alpine white. I thought about plating the top of the frame rails and also maybe spraying it a different color but I couldn't make up my mind on a color. Not doing any wire tuck or anything. Just nice, clean, wiring.

Hopefully going to look at some S54's next weekend. Lots of parts coming in next week. I should probably make a new thread
            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I've got my eye on you.

Comment

Yesssss I'm excited to see some progress being made. Did you figure out what you're going to do about shocks?
                -Alex

Comment

I have those Penske's for the rear, I'm planning to use them to go true coilover, but I need to have them re-valved. For the front, I'm not really sure. I guess I'll probably ride around on Koni's for a while, I'm not really fast enough right now for it to matter. Eventually I'm going to buy those Moton's that I was telling you about and use them for the fronts I guess, I can get the shocks themselves for pretty cheap, like $700
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Working...
                  X