Alpineweiss Cabrio - Mini Resto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RCM3 View Post
    Great build so far, some nice stuff going into your e30!
    Thanks Ryan!

Also, anyone know of a good exhaust set up?...I just have IE headers, no DP. I am willing to run all new pipes if I have to

I am thinking of this setup:

Headers -> Y pipe -> 2.5" all the way back to a Vibrant 1148....and adding a resonator somewhere in between if needed.

Comment

Alright update time!

Someone cut the darn wires to the trunk light, so I pulled out the soldering equipment, shrinking tubes, and got to work. In a few minutes, I had light!
      Had an extra trunk light assembly laying around that I pulled from another E30 at Pick-N-Pull, so did the dual trunk lighting with "dinanm3atl" LED lights

While I was at it, I installed the license plate LEDs; also from dinanm3atl

They are very bright (pics don't do LEDs the justice), and the dual trunk light makes a night and day difference. Very very useful.

Oh! Installed my red tail lights also..

The passenger seat was not bolted in all the way, so I decided to take it out and clean the carpet and seat. I had the rear seat out also from switching the fuel pump, and left it out because it was nasty under there!

Before

After

The carpet, I just took a brush and vacuum to it. It was not that dirty surprisingly; I also lifted up on some corners to check underneath and it was pretty clean. Brown stains are coffee stains, or...rust stains. I tried getting them out, was a no go.

Cleaned up the pedal area with some "Super Clean Degreaser"

I placed an order for the panel that covers up all the wiring from ECS Tuning ($80!! D: lol)

Gave this a nice cleaning also. Apparently whoever owned this car (4 PO before me btw) was a smoker, I found some cigarette butts under the center console, and some left over ash in the cig tray. Clean it all out with the degreaser and cleaner. I can finally see the cigarette picture on the lighter again! haha.

After all the cleaning, I couldn't stop, so I had to dress up the dried leather and dash with some Meguiars products (for now, hopefully dropping her off at the detailers after all the holiday jazz.
      Dont mind my temp floor mat lol ( I just cleaned the carpet! Can't get it dirty!)

Waiting for my shift boot and ebrake boot from Fuzz Fabrics. Also my MTECHII steering wheel from Canada.

Also took it to my go-to tint shop to remove the purple, aged, flaking tint
      Comparison

Driver side done

My 55w 6000k HID kit came in. Spent today installing that. Didn't have the proper hole drill, so just used a normal drill and drilled about 4 holes, not the perfect hole but it'll do, can't really see it with the little silicone piece tucked in nicely. Soldered the ground wire and power wire, heat shrinked, and tucked them inside.

I also purchase a set of HELLA H1 yellow bulbs, one of the caps on the Euro Smileys that you are suppose to twist to take out broke. That thing was seized on and would not budge, when it did, the weld broke off and the whole bulb came with it. Was left with just the lens and part of the metal housing -____-. I now need a new Euro Hi beam.

55w actually washed out the 6000k, more like a 5000k now.

And obligatory cut off shot. Pretty good for not adjusting it (Not like I can anyways...adjusters are all rusted; any recommendations?)

Am I missing anything from my tools?! Besides the sound insulator (On order from ECS Tuning also!)

And lastly, I installed the Black Anodized rings from CA Tuned. They actually make a difference; it reflects the light around and make your cluster seem brighter. I should've gotten the chrome ones in that case!

Was going to fix my odometer also and replace the SI Batteries...but apparently the MotoMeter kit that Garagtistic sent me does not really match up to the gears I have when I opened up my MotoMeter......
      Last edited by bpsu07; 12-20-2013, 10:21 PM.

Comment

I had chrome rings installed in my cluster and I hated it for the reason that I kept looking at my fuel guage because I thought the "low gas" light kept coming on....

What is that plastic thing in the tool tray? I need that!
        1997 Artic Silver M3
        CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
          I had chrome rings installed in my cluster and I hated it for the reason that I kept looking at my fuel guage because I thought the "low gas" light kept coming on....

What is that plastic thing in the tool tray? I need that!

I am not too sure what that is haha, I just found them all in the trunk and put them where they're suppose to be, or more like where I thought they were suppose to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bpsu07 View Post
            I am not too sure what that is haha, I just found them all in the trunk and put them where they're suppose to be, or more like where I thought they were suppose to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I forgot, but I use that spot for my wheel lock...fits perfect!
            1997 Artic Silver M3
            CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Looking damn good man! Would love to see it.

Comment

Working...
              X