No announcement yet.

I just keep going older - my 2002 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's an awesome 2002. I personally don't think it needs to be lowered. I think it looks great where it is.
    -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
    -1990 325i sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Dalejandrino View Post
      That's an awesome 2002. I personally don't think it needs to be lowered. I think it looks great where it is.
      Thanks man, its not getting slammed, just closing up the gap, I don't want to do anything that will cause damage or run such a low offset that I have to roll the fenders. May not make me one of the cool kids but oh well lol

Comment

Things are going slow I know lol, long weekend coming up though and plan on getting a little work done hopefully. Might have some new door panels on the way.

Tonight I laid out the floor and also roughly cut it to fit. After I silicon the wood floor to the backboard I'll trim it up all nice and pretty.... also... cheap wood flooring fits like shit lol

Comment

Well didn't have any where to be till later tonight for Thanksgiving so I decided to mess around with a couple things. Still working on the wood floor which is coming along nicely.

Today I cut off the license plate lights and repainted it.

Also had a set of steelies that I repainted and I'll be selling my e21 sport wheels soon in preparation for the Apache V's.

Lastly finally found a raised hood badge for the '02, I'll have to redo it but I'm glad to have found one since the one I have now is smooth and a 2002 should have the old school raised one which were hand painted.

Comment

Well while my son took a nap I decided to run out and get some work done.

First up was removing the front bumper guards

Next up I did some work to the trunk, pumped to finally have one that is dent free plus the correct trunk for a 72 (no badge)

Lastly I started on the trunk, still need to do some trimming once I get the right tool for the job. Decided to cut this into 3 pieces to make it easier to put in and remove.

Comment

Subscribed. Looks great. Glad you painted the wheels. That dark color wasn't doing that white car any favors.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                Subscribed. Looks great. Glad you painted the wheels. That dark color wasn't doing that white car any favors.
                Thanks, the dark wheels are actually going to be sold, the silver wheels will basically be wheel for it to sit on while it sits in the garage over winter then the Enkie's will gone on in spring which are staying their original gold.

Comment

So I couldn't sit still so I decided to redo a gas tank I had from a 70 parts car, my 72 has bad design when it comes to the fuel filler neck so this will fix that issue since my current neck is in bad shape.

Getting started

The I sanded it down and cleaned it up

I knew I wouldn't be able to get it smoothed out so I used wrinkle black engine paint on it. This is fresh paint but it will wrinkle once it dries more.

I'll be using the fuel sender out of my current tank which is why I didn't care about over spray, also wanting to get a new oem weather striping since this one was in more shape so I took it all off.

Comment

Yesterday I got the license plate bracket back on after I cut the license plates off. Also put the rear trim on until I do bodywork down the line.

Comment

Well got my trunk floor cut out today, need to put some kind of padding on the back to level it out and also make sure it doesn't make any noise.

Then I put on my new trunk, time to get it painted, think I'm going to repaint the trunk as well since I have it all apart.

Last up is a little project I've been working on, I took stock roof handles and cut the black plastic off them and decided to wrap them in leather, it was my first time working with leather and sewing but I think it turned out ok.

Comment

Well another lackluster update lol, installed one handle after work, still need to finish the other one.

Then, I finally got my bolts... not enough threads and not chrome like the original ones... so now I"m going to the hardware store, but I did atleast get it half ass on since MO is getting ready to have high's in the 20's for awhile now and my garage has zero heat.

Comment

Well its about a month since my last update... time to get everyone caught up lol

First mailbox find this week was a good condition euro lens since mine was cracked

Then I cleaned up the corner I picked up, originally was going to just use the lens but it is cleaning up so probably do a little more work on it and run it.

Well got me some new oem door panels with handles and hardware, Always loved Saddle Brown interior plus I needed to break up all the black. They need a major cleaning though.

I'm also building a rear deck cover to hide the rear speakers since they were installed where they aren't centered and the OCD in me is driven mad by it lol.

Finally had a little more time to just clean some stuff up.

First up was polishing up the ashtrays which I figured I'd have to just replace but these look pretty decent for now.

Before:

After:

Then after a ton of cleaning, got the handles cleaned, it was like whoever owned the car that had these didn't believe in washing their hands.

Then cleaned up the rear cards, the front need cleaned but I need to re-attach the leather at the bottom of the cards to tighten them back up. Also looking into rewrapping the chrome trim since the current condition is pretty poor.

So went and bought some vinyl to work on the rear deck. Also cut some other pieces for the console and also ordered something to finish up the console but more on that when it comes lol... I'll leave you with a bland boring uneventful picture

Doing interior work tonight, no done yet but here is some progress so far.

Finished up my rear deck cover tonight, would love to install it tomorrow but its going to be 13 out... so it will wait lol. Started work on the center console but taking my time on it since it will be smack dab in front of everyone in the car. Got a couple things in the mail... just waiting now lol.

Comment

So my OCD kicked in and I decided to repaint my ashtray.... so yeah lol

Before.

After.

Then I finished part of the console which took forever, also got new gauges from Mooneyes which I'm stoked about, first I just put them in

Then decided what the hell, why not mock most of it up haha

Terrible pic of the rear deck but its all in there lol, happy with the out come.

Also finished the console and installed it, wish I had better pics but loving how it turned out, honestly surprised it looks as good as it does since it was my first time doing something like this.

Also got a free rear seat that I'll be having recovered since my seat right now is blue. I have a knob coming as well so that will change soon.

So today I decided to paint all my trim on my door panels that will be going in since the film was coming off and it looked like shit. Pretty happy with the outcome.

Before:

After:

Those were the backs, then I did the passenger one:

Next up is the driver one which needs some major cleaning, the vinyl reattached and then painted. I'll be doing some before and after progress on it since it needs some love lol.

Comment

So have started on the driver door panel, I've never done anything like this before so it was all a guess... a guess that actually worked out haha.

First did some pretty drawing

Then did some iffy cutting and some sanding

Its currently waiting for glue to dry for the start of reattaching the vinyl to the board then I'll be reattaching the edges.

To make sure the board would work I pulled the door panel... which led to me installing both rear panels and the passenger one. Had one light and a heat wave in the 30's (yes thats warm in Missouri right now lol) so I decided to get it over with because its been killing me. Excuse the mess the interior looks like right now.

Repainted my res and also put new hoses on it since mine were trash.

Also bought a AMCO wood knob which I've been hunting for and got it installed tonight, such an awesome knob.

Picked up a mirror to rock on the driver visor, thought it was cool and looked old so its going on, just a little detail piece.

Then I picked up a set of stainless brake lines from CATuned, great bunch of guys who will also be helping me when it comes to lowering it.

Then the major piece, I redid my driver door panel and finally finished it up. New board, reattached the leather, painted the trim and then cleaned it up.

Before:

After:

So today I showed up and had a couple things show up for the 2002

Kumho 185/60/14's for the Apache's which means I now have to finish cleaning them up lol

Then my rebuild kit from Blunttech came for my shifter, super fast shipping and great customer service.

Well got my driver door panel and also all the hardware and handles on. Kinda had to fight with my driver door panel because my board was too thick.

Prepare for high quality professional well lit shots lol

Since the interior is back in the car it was time to turn attention back to the exterior. I first pulled the trunk and took it inside and finished sanding the underside. Also laid down primer on it and plan to do the top of it tomorrow so I can get it ready to paint back to white. Only reason I'm going to all this trouble is because it is completely dent free where my other one had numerous dings in it... they were driving me crazy so I decided to make the switch lol.

Inside before primer, pulled all the hardware off which also will be getting sanded down and primered.

Also finally got bolts for my rear bumper since I removed the bumper guards, so much cleaner without them.

Also got the clutch/brake res installed and my brake lines showed up so they will be getting installed soon as well. Slowly chipping away so its ready for SOWO.

So messed around again today with the 2002, getting things lined up to do some painting on the trunk and inside it.

New weather stripping for the gas tank that will be going in.

Also primered the trunk and hardware, hopefully get some white sprayed on all of it in a week or two.

So all caught up lol, lots coming soon as well. Hope you guys enjoy

Comment

Dude so awesome! I've always wanted one of these!

Great Build!!

Comment

Working...
                                X