S54 Swap Modifications Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54 Swap Modifications Available

Hey guys, I wanted to move this over here because I started these swaps for S54's originally but the thread is in another section. I offer a modification service for your S54 pan and E30 subframe. The swap was designed using AKG 24v swap mounts. The modifications to the drivers side sump differ depending on the style of pan. I can make the mounts on the subframe for an E30 rack or E36 M3/Z rack.

I will have a website up soon.

Here are some pictures of the swap installed, these pictures have the simpler style pan with a side drain plug and E30 rack installed.

Thanks for looking! Contact information is in my signature.

do you have a solution for the U joint for e36/e46/e82 rack into e30 chassis? current solutions are so ugly; but I really want the 2.6 L-L rack
    OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Dose the Oil Pan on s50 or s52 have to be modified or only s54s

and what the price to do the Subframe

Chris

Comment

Hey that's cool. Ive heard about custom subframes so the s54 pan can be used but I didn't know the pan still needs modding. Do you have a way to use an unmodded pan?
        Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by GK-E30M3 View Post
          Dose the Oil Pan on s50 or s52 have to be modified or only s54s

and what the price to do the Subframe

Chris

Only modded for the dual sump S54 pan.
          I have this setup in my M3. Here are pics of my install, I had it powercoated black... Tyler does nice work!

'88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
          '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
          '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
          iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
            Hey that's cool. Ive heard about custom subframes so the s54 pan can be used but I didn't know the pan still needs modding. Do you have a way to use an unmodded pan?
            Move the firewall.

Comment

For most people doing this swap, an e34 m50 front sump pan and pump, with a proper baffle is more than enough. Nice product nonetheless.
              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^^But the E34 pan is no good for ground clearance. At least, that's my reason for going 2-sump.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                  For most people doing this swap, an e34 m50 front sump pan and pump, with a proper baffle is more than enough. Nice product nonetheless.
                  I might be too picky - but the S54 had oiling problems stock, and now you're replacing the pretty well designed oiling system with one meant for a vanilla engine and a 6500rpm redline, then expecting it to adequately supply what is basically a detuned race motor at 8000rpm.

it's a compromise some are willing to take (and they may have reasons/justifications), but I wouldn't do it personally...
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
                    ^^But the E34 pan is no good for ground clearance. At least, that's my reason for going 2-sump.
                    +1 except I'm going single rear.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                      I agree. Dual pickup is not necessary unless your gonna race on the track. It does add to coolness though. ;) Ground clearance is not an issue for me with the E34 pan. Parts of my exhaust and also my custom front sway bar are lower than the pan.
                      Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

^^Single sump isn't an issue at the track either. I was at Daytona for a track day when Akard was running one of the race groups. I asked how the E34 pump was treating him (on a Euro S50) and he said it was solid and consistent. I've known a few other guys that ran the same setup with no oil pressure drop in race groups on sticky tires at VIR, CMP, Road Atlanta, Sebring etc-- all high stress tracks in one form or another. Justify either how you want, it's a preference thing really (per the data). Both are solutions to the same problem.
                        Last edited by rThor432; 03-19-2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M3 Ryan View Post
                          What front control arms are those? Looks awesome!

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                          do you have a solution for the U joint for e36/e46/e82 rack into e30 chassis? current solutions are so ugly; but I really want the 2.6 L-L rack
                          E82 racks fit E30?
                          Leo.

E30 318iS, E36 328i

Comment

Here are some recent subframe pictures.

Iv been doing most of them for E36 racks lately, no spacers needed!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_328i View Post
                              What front control arms are those? Looks awesome!
                              AKGs.

Comment

Working...
                              X