No announcement yet.

From knowing nothing to having a Thunderbird supercharger on an m20b27i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also love the title to this thread, I'm gonna start a thread called "From Knowing Nothing to Still Knowing Nothing so the r3v Guys Can Flame My Azz Daily"
    sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

^Lolly!
      Originally posted by Andy.B
      Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
      1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
      ~~~~~~~~~~
      I was born on 3/25…
      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
        It is a thing, and I've found that if you cut off your valve lapping handle and chuck it up in a drill and then just fuckin go to town on that goddamn warped seat, it'll eventually succumb to your wishes. So that's not leaking anymore. Thankyouverymuch.
        Lol.
        If it don't screw like a screw, hammer it like a nail.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
          Lol.
          If it don't screw like a screw, hammer it like a nail.
          Awesome.

I usually do it the other way first: hammer the screw, then try to screw the hammered screw…

Take that however you want.
          Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
          ~~~~~~~~~~
          I was born on 3/25…
          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hole lot O screwing going on right now. I want some SC screws whistling in my ear drumzzz.
            sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

Well, it's back in action and I'd swear I didn't hear the sound. It could be wishful listening, but it may be forealz. I did put the small pulley on it. It's faster, go figure. We'll just have to see how long it lasts.
              ~~~~~~~~~~
              I was born on 3/25…
              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Pinging is still there. Goddammit WTFUCK? On a side note, with the small pulley, it's making 8.5lbs o boost now. Which is neat. 6lbs by 2500rpm. I'm pretty discouraged. If I change the bottom and that damn noise is still there, I'm gonna have a full-on conniption.
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

So I took it to the Dragon and gave it a randy shagging. The noise just got louder. Then it became audible in the higher RPMs and even under boost. Then it seemed to stop getting louder. So I've just been driving it like I don't hear gremlins with hammers trying to beat their way out of my crankcase. My plan now is to put a couple spares on the back hubs and just do burnouts until I pop a tire and/or an engine. Vids of carnage will accompany the next update in this thread.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~
                  I was born on 3/25…
                  ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

My plan now is to put a couple spares on the back hubs and just do burnouts until I pop a tire and/or an engine. Vids of carnage will accompany the next update in this thread.

Comment

So I took it to the Dragon and gave it a randy shagging. The noise just got louder. Then it became audible in the higher RPMs and even under boost. Then it seemed to stop getting louder. So I've just been driving it like I don't hear gremlins with hammers trying to beat their way out of my crankcase. My plan now is to put a couple spares on the back hubs and just do burnouts until I pop a tire and/or an engine. Vids of carnage will accompany the next update in this thread.
                      Have you gotten a mechanic's stethoscope and poked around the engine with it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                        Have you gotten a mechanic's stethoscope and poked around the engine with it?
                        Negative.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~
                        I was born on 3/25…
                        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I have one. See you Wednesday.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                            I have one. See you Wingsday.
                            Ftfy
                            ~~~~~~~~~~
                            I was born on 3/25…
                            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

You can't see the gremlins or their hammers, but you can see how pretty it is. This is somewhere on the Tail of the Dragon. So much fun was had by all. Brodeo bro.

I haven't had time to explode it yet. Patience...
                              ~~~~~~~~~~
                              I was born on 3/25…
                              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Just read the whole thread after talking to you this weekend and seeing her in person...awesome job! You know you earned your PhD (Past having Doubts) on this one Dr Jacob. It was great to meet you and the rest of the Bro's...can't wait til the next one.
                                sigpic
                                89 e30 M60B40 6spd

Comment

Working...
                                X