Eccentric Rear Trailing arm bushings -who likes them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eccentric Rear Trailing arm bushings -who likes them

PowerFlex, KMac, andSuperPro make them. Has anyone used these in a street only application? How well did they hold toe & camber? And does anyone have the Toe/Camber adjustment chart for eccentrics?
    I'm totally disassembled right now and need to decide. The weld in is kinda a no brainer, but more of a PITA to get done, while the eccentrics seem easier from an install basis. Eccentrics have been around for a while and now have several aftermarket suppliers with sightly different designs. So I'm guessing someone is buying them. Ive scoured the forums and didnt see anyone using them for the street. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
    89 e30 white vert
    88 e30 Red vert
    2003 330i sedan
    2011 E93 335is
    2007 Z4Si (gone)

Back when I was selling the weld-in eccentric and posilock adjusters..... if I had a nickle for every time a client or shop called to order weld-ins after installing a set of eccentric bushings.... I could have had a very nice lunch.
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by BruceJ View Post
      PowerFlex, KMac, andSuperPro make them. Has anyone used these in a street only application? How well did they hold toe & camber? And does anyone have the Toe/Camber adjustment chart for eccentrics?
      I'm totally disassembled right now and need to decide. The weld in is kinda a no brainer, but more of a PITA to get done, while the eccentrics seem easier from an install basis. Eccentrics have been around for a while and now have several aftermarket suppliers with sightly different designs. So I'm guessing someone is buying them. Ive scoured the forums and didnt see anyone using them for the street. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

From my experience with the oem rubber eccentric bushings, they move. I assume the aftermarket ones will do the same.
      Originally posted by codyep3
      I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
      2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
      1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
      1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
      2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
      2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
      2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
      2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
      2010 F650gs twin
      2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

I tried the eccentric bushings once. They were a royal pain to adjust for correct camber and toe and quickly lost their adjustment. I replaced them with weld in adjusters for toe and had a frame shop tweak things for more camber. This was on a race car. It might work better on a street car. But there is no need for them on a street car if the subframe and trailing arms aren't bent.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
        X