What work can be done under the dash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What work can be done under the dash?

I am Planning on removing the dash of the E30, I have removed the dash of other cars and I know it is tough, time consuming work. I would really like to remove it only Once for cleaning.

1.What would you guys suggest that I do while I have the dash removed?

2.What are some common issue or upgrades that are done under the dash?

-I plan on removing the dash cluster to fix the odometer/ and gauge's that don't work.
    -I plan on removing the heater/ A-C box so I can Completely remove the rug for cleaning.
    -I guess I can straighten up / clean the area and the wiring under there.

This info I have searched for and have not found, I would greatly appreciate it.

I think there are a few foam gaskets that squish between the heater and AC ducting under the dash that deteriorate over time.

I can't really remember because it's been a long time since I've looked under a dash, but someone will correct me shortly

You can see what I'm talking about (If I'm right) in this illustration:

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

You can remove the dash cluster in about 10mins with the dash still in. Tight squeeze over the steering column, but its do-able.

Removing the dash and heater assembly I reckon is a big job, you want to make sure you reaaaally want to do that before you start. Every time ive removed a dash from a car ive broken a bunch of clips and stuff and its rattled when i put it back in.....

Comment

Don't remove it for cleaning - if that's all you're interested in.

If all you want to do is "clean", I'd use an air compressor with a wand.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
        X