Cruise Control Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise Control Help

Hey guys, just completed an M50tu swap in my 1990 325i auto airbag coupe. Did a manual conversion, and would like to keep cruise control working. I believe I need to get an e36 cruise cable and attach it to the factory e30 cruise module, but beyond that I have no idea what to do. Any help would be appreciated!
    "Once more into the fray."
    sigpic

Subbed. Been having this issue for a while

Comment

You need 65711387004 cruise control cable (or a shorter variant if it exists.) This is assuming you're using the M50 throttle body (it doesn't fit the M52 TB.)

With the new cable in hand, it should be fairly obvious how to unclip the plastic piece to pull it out of the actuator, then unhook the cable inside.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

You need 65711387004 cruise control cable (or a shorter variant if it exists.) This is assuming you're using the M50 throttle body (it doesn't fit the M52 TB.)

With the new cable in hand, it should be fairly obvious how to unclip the plastic piece to pull it out of the actuator, then unhook the cable inside.

Edit:

look for that tab, and push it in to remove.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

Edit:

look for that tab, and push it in to remove.
          Ok, got that much. I do have a regular M50 throttle body. The issue is though, the car was originally auto and when I did the swap I converted it to manual, so how do I get cruise to work with that being the case? I'm assuming the car needs to think it's in drive for cruise to activate, but in order to get the car to turn over I had to jump a wire or two to trick it into thinking it's in park.
          "Once more into the fray."
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X