The Datsun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Datsun Thread

Since there's apparently a number of Datsun fans here...

Ready?

Go.

I want to see some hawt dimes yo! Come on guys!
    90 Bronzit 325is
    16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
      1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
      E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Here's the one that I should've bought and is my inspiration

I'm still trying to get those Hayashi wheels for mine, but I'm happy with my minilites
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Why didn't you get it?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

bucket list build:

240z with a 2.8-liter bottom end, head reworked by rebello, and sidedrafts. and a set of panasports.
            past:
            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
            1985 323i baur
            current:
            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Is that a 1600 with a U20? If I ever get myself a roadster, that's basically what it'll be. An early car with the vent windows, and early style dash, with a warmed over U20. And steering column upgrade, because I don't want to be impaled if I crash. From the pics in your thread, it looks like the Z might use the same steering column, and I have spares :).

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                Why didn't you get it?

I wasn't ready to part with the E30, and I knew I would have to do that if I bought it. I also like to restore cars and that car is basically done. No regrets though, I'm happy with my purchase even if I'm already approaching the asking price on that car without getting close to its specs

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                Is that a 1600 with a U20? If I ever get myself a roadster, that's basically what it'll be. An early car with the vent windows, and early style dash...

It is, and to do what you want to accomplish you have to find a 67.5 as the brake master cylinder and carbs on the U20 occupy the same space otherwise. That's why the factory 67.5 2000s are so rare. There was only 1000 made
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  It is, and to do what you want to accomplish you have to find a 67.5 as the brake master cylinder and carbs on the U20 occupy the same space otherwise. That's why the factory 67.5 2000s are so rare. There was only 1000 made
                  I completely forgot those existed. It's been a few years since I looked into roadsters.

Fortunately, I am in no position to buy anything right now. I need another car like I need a hole in my head.

Comment

I've been thinking a 510 might be my next project car. I've always wanted a wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                      I've been thinking a 510 might be my next project car. I've always wanted a wagon.

Me too, those wagons are sweet. I used to ride in between the front seats on the trans tunnel of my dad's 510 from as soon as i could sit up by myself. Car seats are for pussies. First new car my dad ever bought.
                      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                        Me too, those wagons are sweet. I used to ride in between the front seats on the trans tunnel of my dad's 510 from as soon as i could sit up by myself. Car seats are for pussies. First new car my dad ever bought.
                        In the 80s, my parents had a '78 280z. They'd drive to the beach with my mom's sister sitting in the hatch. You'd probably get pulled over for that now after about 5 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                          Is that a 1600 with a U20? If I ever get myself a roadster, that's basically what it'll be. An early car with the vent windows, and early style dash, with a warmed over U20. And steering column upgrade, because I don't want to be impaled if I crash. From the pics in your thread, it looks like the Z might use the same steering column, and I have spares :).
                          The U20 can be installed in an early car, but you have to get creative with the brake master. It can be done, and has been done, but its less than easy. There has been some work being done on a recessed brake master that will make the job easier. Not sure if its been perfected however.

As for the steering column, I'm not sure you can swap them. It might be possible, but I can't think of anyone who has done it on an early car.

Will
                          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Yeah, I did some light research earlier today, and found that it's actually somewhat involved. I could swear I read about someone recommending that swap when I was looking into roadsters a few years ago, but I guess not. I expect you know the content on 311s.org much better than I do, so I'll take your word for it. I'm not likely to actually buy one any time soon, so kind of a moot point anyway.

Comment

The sheetmetal from the later roadster can be cut into the early one.

But it's not trivial, unless it's a bare- metal resto, in which case, why not?

Mine's a 68, and I always thought I'd get an early car to go with it.
                              Then I started buying BMWs, and now I find that the Datsun doesn't
                              get driven as much as it used to.

Well, and let's face it, the thing is a tiny tin can compared to even a Rav 4 these days.

t
                              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                              X