No announcement yet.

DIY - Walbro 255 fuel pump retrofit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the write OP. I just did this swap, OMG my car feels like it is new. Just what I needed!

Thank you, thank you, THANKYOU!
    '02 Outback wagon
    '87 325is 5sp
    '93 Kawasaki ZR1100

Comment

would you guys know if you could fit a e36 tank on a 1990 e30?
      I've been looking in my area for a tank but I cant find one, and I'm not looking to dish out the 600 bavauto wants....

I've only called a coupple scrap yards and they dont have one, but I know the E36 tank was plastic so I was thinkin in the long run this would be a better swap...
      Last edited by Grizzly; 04-12-2011, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Rockauto.com. Under 300 shipped
        E30 m50/s52 turbo partout:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=236224

AEM EMS setup for BMW:
        http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1781886

Comment

If only it didnt have to cross the boarder:( ... but thank you

Comment

Grizzly, I got an e30 tank from Autozone. If I remember right, I paid less than $200, and had it the next day.
            '02 Outback wagon
            '87 325is 5sp
            '93 Kawasaki ZR1100

Comment

Is an 88 considered a late model tank? Or early? Or its own. My tank is bigger supposedly.
              (SOLD) 1988 327i Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155086
              1970 Gruppe 2 2902 M20 Turbo Build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=373891

Comment

Well I found out I got a problem in the 24V tank.....

Explains my 5-7K cut outs....
                Attached Files
                Originally posted by 325Projectz
                don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
                :nice:

Comment

...wow...
                  now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Somebody dump coffee in your tank?

Comment

Ok..... I got the walbro 255 model # gss-342 from a from friend....... Can I use it or make it work or do I for sure need the #gss-340??????

Comment

is the only downside to this is not being able to run the car on the gas gauge all the way to the E light comes on?

how low can you go?

-
                        Project
                        Parts for Sale
                        Feedback
                        YouTube Channel

Comment

Adding a picture of a late model that FrankM e30 and I installed.

**NOTE! that the rubber cover does not fit in the opening well at all. It was removed and installed. The red wire is the ground as you can see it was bolted to the old supporting bracket, trace is back to the pump and you will see it is black.

The black wire that comes off the pump bracket is the power from the car.

**I would cut the feed tube closer to the pump as it is hard to get the level sender to clear the hose clamp.
                          Hose used was 3/8 high pressure gas hose.

Last edited by F34R; 05-16-2013, 04:30 PM.
                          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

what is the purpose of the rubber cover?

also, I replaced my oe pump with a walbro 255 when it was boosted, and I found absolutely ZERO difference in performance.

only replaced to a higher LPH pump if your engine/setup is calling for it otherwise waste of $$ IMO.
                            Last edited by Mr. Burns; 05-17-2013, 07:20 AM.
                            Originally posted by flyboyx
                            i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                              what is the purpose of the rubber cover?

also, I replaced my oe pump with a walbro 255 when it was boosted, and I found absolutely ZERO difference in performance.

only replaced to a higher LPH pump if your engine/setup is calling for it otherwise waste of $$ IMO.
                              I think the rubber cover was to keep vibration noise down. But the cover will not clear the turning tabs of the sending top that mounts to the car.

My stock pump was failing badly, not to mention it was so loud it came over everything in the cabin. I upgraded because it was only 100.00 and is good to have with my turbo that is happening this year.
                              ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                              ~ '87 535
                              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                                I think the rubber cover was to keep vibration noise down. But the cover will not clear the turning tabs of the sending top that mounts to the car.

My stock pump was failing badly, not to mention it was so loud it came over everything in the cabin. I upgraded because it was only 100.00 and is good to have with my turbo that is happening this year.
                                Exactly and a stock pump from pelican parts is 162 if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X