My Lapisblau eta - m62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by camip View Post
    Damn I might have to buy them off eBay then just wanted somebody to test them first.
    They're nice for the price, that is for sure. I'll be honest though, not so sure how they'd hold up in an accident. They feel solid, but, a lot of engineering goes into seats so they don't collapse. :/ Comfortable and nice looking though...haha

Originally posted by Bimmerguy91 View Post
    Nice car man. I like the wheels. Im about like you Ive owned 25+ cars and I'm 20. First car was a Porsche 944 Turbo.
    Thanks. I like the wheels...though I am a fan of the XXR 531s...

And I had the poor man's porsche as my first, so, does sound a familiar story...haha.

Originally posted by 88e30ix View Post
    Very Nice!! Those things are scary fast!!

I drove test a 1 year old GLHS with 8k on the clock back in 1986 but decided to go with a 85 mk1 GTI! The German love was strong!
    Haha...the GLHS engine I have came with a Stage 2 ecm and aftermarket turbo along with a few other goodies. Made 191hp/225tq at the wheels when it was in the POs car at 12psi.
    And, first few years, the Omnis had the same VW engine as the Rabbit. Then later they became competition. I've always been a Mopar guy (obviously as you'd have to be to love an Omni) so I went that route :p

Originally posted by ramielm View Post
    your car has the perfect ride height. It's functional, not too low and not monster truck status...same exact ride height I shot for!
    Thanks! That ride height was done with Tockico front springs and H&R Race rears. Handled great too.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
      I got a set of Mopar 42# injectors for your 2.2 (if i can find them, they're in the garage somewhere lol) I took them out of my 86 C/S Daytona when i desided to upgrade to 53# injectors. It was pretty much built to Super 60 specs. And i'm guessing you're on Turbododge.com? Cause i'm my username is Forcefed over there. But haven't been on there in a long time!!!
      Hmm...if you find them let me know as my engine was lacking them since the guy reused them. And I've seen your name active on there before. Had this car since 2008...lol

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
      Holy fuckin shit !
      Refreshing to read something well-written. Thank you. Nice pictures to boot.

What's really jumping out at me about this car is the unmolested turns, tails, and running lights. I really enjoy seeing people leave the factory amber colors.

Car has a solid, fun, theme. I totally dig it.

Welcome aboard the madness..

interior shots !!

edit/thought: an early model like this one with polish wheel lips and chrome window trim truly, TRULY deserves a chrome kidney grill
      No problem. Thank you for taking the time to read the whole thing. And thanks. Just wish I could afford a DSLR instead of my point and shoot :/

And yes, I actually like the amber on this car, I just need some better condition lenses and it'll look 100x better. And I'm with you on the kidney grille. I didn't paint it though, someone made a horrible attempt at it along the line :/

But thanks again for all the compliments! Just made the deposit on the I swap tonight. Hopefully won't be long til I get that completed :)

And here's the only interior shot I have as of right now...pre tan swap. Cracked dash with an m3 badge on it :/ But, Momo wheel, kenwood stereo with Polk Audio speakers (sounds awesome), and my ebay seats. Haha.

I also have a 13 button OBC I want to install...probably find a new dash and just do that install at the same time.

And Bimmerguy...all I need is the carpet and maybe kick panels (haven't decided whether to go tan or stick with black on them). But, hate to know shipping on a carpet. Also I need the knee panel if you have one.

And I do realize I type a lot. Thanks for bearing with me.

Comment

I'm attempting the 13 button OBC install today. Wish me luck...lol Seems straight forward.

Comment

Very nice shot there
          sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

13 button works!!!

Well at least the temp/clock/date/timer...lol Haven't driven it yet to test the mpg, etc. But I have faith...haha.

Also put in an I cluster...which works as well :) Well once again, I don't know if the odometer works, but its showing 250k...so I have a feeling it was fixed once before. Motometer.

Comment

your welcome for the obc stuff man. and thanks for helping me rip that car down to nothing lol. and thanks in advance for the help this upcoming weekend. its gonna be a long one lol

Comment

if you need anything else you know your welcome to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
                  Holy fuckin shit !
                  Refreshing to read something well-written. Thank you. Nice pictures to boot.
                  Couldn't agree more. Thank you for keeping it clean, can't wait to see where you go with it.

Comment

Thanks again guys. And yes, thank you Chris...OBC works flawlessly. Harness was actually a very easy install...unplugged the 6 button, this plugged in its place, and the turn signal switch works as it should cycling through all the modes and such.

And yep...hopefully we'll have yours running this weekend! :up:

Also got my "I" gauge cluster in and THE ODOMETER WORKS!!!

Its showing like 235k...but judging by the fact the owners manual showed the car had 147k in 1997 and the odometer broke at 165k, I'm betting 235k is close to actual mileage so I'm fine with that.

Also, speaking of owners manuals...while looking at the OBC instructions, I was flipping through and found the service history of the car and learned some interesting information.

I never thought to really check back there but....

This car was bought on May 22, 1987 by a woman named Gloria Bailey from BMW North in Houston, TX. There's service history well up to 12/30/1997. This car has been serviced in Texas at multiple BMW dealerships, at Hoffman BMW in New Jersey, Global Imports in Atlanta, GA, and German Motor Cars in Victorville, CA (that was the latest in 1997).

So this car has toured the country and has pretty good service records dating 10 years of ownership from the first owner. Kinda cool...also makes me understand why its so clean. Texas is a good state for that.

Most of you probably won't find that significant, but for some reason, I think that is cool as hell knowing this car has earned its miles and that gutless 2.7 has powered this lapis blue body from sea to shining sea only to end up in Hanover, PA.

Pics tomorrow of the interior, post OBC install.

Comment

Originally posted by strang3majik View Post
                      Hmm...if you find them let me know as my engine was lacking them since the guy reused them. And I've seen your name active on there before. Had this car since 2008...lol
                      I'll look for them and shoot you a PM when i find them. I had to go back to TD.com and see when the last i posted. It was 2010 and 2008 before that lol. But i think i joined on there in 05. I kind off miss the power that little 2.2 put out :shock:

1992 BMW 325iC
                      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

no problem man. i hope to have something up like this wants i get this beast on the road lol

Comment

Very nice. Love the TD, and the E30 looks great, even with the diving boards.
                          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                          Originally posted by mbonanni
                          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Is it bad I'm more interested in the Cherokee and the Omni? Have a strange obsession with both of those. E30 looks great too but it's nice to see something different on here occasionally.
                            91 318is M50 swapped
                            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Haha...thanks everyone. Was out driving it around today and I honestly just love this car. Once you get in the twisties, all the little quirks and broken bits leave your mind and your just overwhelmed with the handling and pure joy of driving. I can tell I'm going to have this one for a while. Haha.

As far as the Jeep and Omni, I love them as well. I don't like owning anything mainstream, and when I moved to PA, I needed 4WD, so I got the fastest 4WD SUV ever built circa 1998. 1 of ~10k....1 of a lot less with less than 100k miles on it.

The Omni is so ugly only a Mopar guy could love it, so, I've given it much love and attention...I'm actually restoring it as odd as that is. Lol. I did own a turbo SHelby Charger of the same year and had a choice when I moved up here from FL on which to keep...I chose the ugly duckling for whatever reason...haha.

And thanks JasonC! Let me know what you find! And yes, fun little motors that just won't die...haha.

But here's some shots of the interior from today. Somehow I've put 35 miles on it since yesterday and I haven't even gone anywhere. God knows how many I've put on since I've owned it then. Dear god, probably 5k. A working odometer sure is a nice asset...lol

I need a new ///M logo and crack free dash and tan carpet :/ And tan sport seats...would love a set of them...haha.

Comment

Originally posted by strang3majik View Post
                                Haha...thanks everyone. Was out driving it around today and I honestly just love this car. Once you get in the twisties, all the little quirks and broken bits leave your mind and your just overwhelmed with the handling and pure joy of driving. I can tell I'm going to have this one for a while. Haha.

As far as the Jeep and Omni, I love them as well. I don't like owning anything mainstream, and when I moved to PA, I needed 4WD, so I got the fastest 4WD SUV ever built circa 1998. 1 of ~10k....1 of a lot less with less than 100k miles on it.

The Omni is so ugly only a Mopar guy could love it, so, I've given it much love and attention...I'm actually restoring it as odd as that is. Lol. I did own a turbo SHelby Charger of the same year and had a choice when I moved up here from FL on which to keep...I chose the ugly duckling for whatever reason...haha.

And thanks JasonC! Let me know what you find! And yes, fun little motors that just won't die...haha.

But here's some shots of the interior from today. Somehow I've put 35 miles on it since yesterday and I haven't even gone anywhere. God knows how many I've put on since I've owned it then. Dear god, probably 5k. A working odometer sure is a nice asset...lol

I need a new ///M logo and crack free dash and tan carpet :/ And tan sport seats...would love a set of them...haha.

we need to find you a black under dash pad 2. besides that this is a pretty sweet little ride. as i tell you all the time lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X