No announcement yet.

My Lapisblau eta - m62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far out does that 5 lug kit push the offset?
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
      One hell of a story, amazing you got your hands on it again.

Excited to see, and more importantly... hear, it running ;). We better get a sound clip!
      Thank you! Definitely will. Getting close now. Just installed stainless brake hoses, sway bar end links, poly trans mounts, slave cylinder, and made up the harness this past week, also installed the intake manifold. Hopefully will startup by the end of the weekend!!! I apologize for the lack of updates...just moved my dad's stuff into the shop next door in the ungodly heat so I took some time off. Been slacking with the pictures since I've been doing little stuff as well.

Florida sucks for this type of stuff...92°F with 90% humidity...cools down for a storm coming for about 10 min of relief, pours, humidity now at 900%...evening goes on, sun goes down, cools down to a nice and brisk 85° and 50% humidity...finally able to work...annnnnnddddd...the swarms of mosquitoes come out worse than I have ever seen them here. Yay Swamp State!

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
      How far out does that 5 lug kit push the offset?
      The rear is in stock e30 placement, so no change at all.

The front is pushed out 12mm per side, so, less than any other way of going 5 lug besides e30 m3 that I am aware of.

Last edited by strang3majik; 06-23-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

After two prior takes...one being me forgetting to install the DME (doh!) and the second where I forgot to reinstall the fuel pump fuse :/.......It runs!

I apologize for the crappy cellphone video. The audio unsynced near the end and muted completely, probably as a result from the loud noise, but...it is in the car and running!

Now time to finish it up and pretty up all the bits cobbled together to attempt starting.

Also currently have my driveshaft being built locally.

Comment

A lot has been happening so quick that I haven't gotten many pictures, but...

driveshaft made and installed (fit perfectly).

exhaust installed...cooling system installed...shifter installed (more on that later)...etc etc.

A/C hoses are made, new drier installed, and its working great!

Radiator outlet modified to clear the compressor...and it too is working great and keeping it cool!

After realizing my brand new Febi slave cylinder was bad, I replaced it with another and bled the clutch and brakes (found a line I forgot to tighten in the midst of this and dumped a ton of fluid )...

Then, of course, time for a test drive. Nice and easy like, just to make sure everything is working. :giggle:

Last edited by strang3majik; 07-08-2017, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Figured I'd update this...car has been going strong for about a year now...a few broken axles, but, that's to be expected. Lolol.

Looking to get it painted very soon...new windshield...and polish the aluminum/chrome trim. Anyway...on with the chlorophyl...

Comment

awesome work man!
              Paynemw
              1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
              the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
              1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Very cool!
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                X