No announcement yet.

Jerkin with my Jensen #19998 (11/6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to tell you to scrap that nasty car, but honestly that probably isnt a terrible piece to make if you have a brake
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

DEVELOPMENTS

So, I posted my rusty cowl in a JH group on Facebook. A gentleman chimed in that he had a shell he was going to scrap and he'd be more than happy to cut the cowl out. So I asked where he was and how much of the shell was left.

Davenport, IA.

Everything but the rear is still there.

So some weekend soon I'll be trekking up to get that. I cannot wait.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

haha that's awesome someone has a shell you can use, and CONUS at that! good luck! cant wait to see where this goes
        '87 BMW 325i - ground control c/o, condor bushings, 16x8/16x9 wheels - SOLD

'09 MazdaSpeed 3 - FOR SALE

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
          I know, lol, I've gone rust hunting and am confident I've found it all.
          So naive... :p

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
            So naive... :p
            Hehehe....there are other spots that I haven't mentioned here, but I know about.

The floor pans and rockers are fine lol.

Comment

Rebuilt the carbs, put them on and started it. This is after a couple tries, but I consider it the first official start.

Then to see if it moved. It does. No brakes though.
              Last edited by slammin.e28; 11-02-2016, 06:42 AM.

Comment

So I just bought a replacement Jensen Healey in San Francisco. 12/30/1974. It's a 5sp dogleg Getrag instead of the 4 speed unit in the early cars and, being a Cali car, it's got virtually no rot...especially compared to the red one I have.

Only problem is it's 3000 miles away.

Anyone on the left coast have a place I can have the thing towed to to store it until I can arrange shipping/pickup?

Comment

Was it always in SF? A San Francisco car isn't really the same as a CA Desert car. I think it would be easier to fix the cowl piece and be done with it. That SF car may be rust free, but it certainly isn't a guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                    Was it always in SF? A San Francisco car isn't really the same as a CA Desert car. I think it would be easier to fix the cowl piece and be done with it. That SF car may be rust free, but it certainly isn't a guarantee.
                    Mostly I bought it for the 5sp and hardtop....it's a 75 and it's pretty late in the Serial numbers: 19998

It was cheap too.....$1k.....I'll be close to $2k invested when I get it here. Got detailed pics and had friends out there stop by and check it out. It's a winner. Way more car than I got with the first one. Complete interior, etc. Owner got it in 1977. Suspects burnt exhaust valves. I'll just swap the engine with the runner in my red car and be done.

Comment

i might have a spot it can hang at for a bit

pm me some deets
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Pics of the "new" one. Much more car for the money than I got the first time around. I won't get to see it until May though. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by slammin.e28; 02-08-2017, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Cool little car! New one looks way better lol

Comment

All i have to say is,you messing with old British cars. You are one very brave man Slammin. :up::up::up:
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

I looked at a '63 TR4 today. Going to pick that one up too as the reliable British car.

It'll need some work, but the price is right and I'm a sucker.

Goddamn am I a sucker....

Sidenote, the 318Ti Clubsport is totally for sale for cheap....so come get it someone...

Comment

Push it out into the pasture that thing is a rust farm.
                                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                                X