Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

m52b28 AC compressor fitting question, which fitting is needed/used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m52b28 AC compressor fitting question, which fitting is needed/used?

Looking through the information for getting AC from a m5x car to mate to the e30 lines, seems most just have them made. I've also seen that it appears the m50 cars have the fitting from the compressor to the condenser goes straight up. Mine, see pic(fitting circled, red line shows the way the line is routed), the rubber part of the hose isn't long enough to even reach the uncut e30 line.

So I'm wanting to find a fitting for the compressor that goes up and not out the side and down.

Anybody know that part#? Or what you did?

1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Bump. Still have no AC. Trying to find a compressor plate or a different connector for the compressor.
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd

Comment

TeXJ,
      What are you using to connect the harness to the a/c compressor?
      Did you get the mating fitting off the donor car and spliced it in?
      Or did you buy the connector and contacts and replaced the existing connector?
      If so, please share part numbers.
      Thank you.

Comment

Did you see this: http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthre...t=a%2Fc+wiring

Comment

The discharge line? A 318is AC line may do the trick unmodified, they have the same type of connector, only it goes up and then towards the front of the car, it would just be a little long though that might not pose a problem. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...r/64538391046/

I think mine is still kicking around the garage somewhere if you'd like me to take measurements.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by Brian697 View Post
            TeXJ,
            What are you using to connect the harness to the a/c compressor?
            Did you get the mating fitting off the donor car and spliced it in?
            Or did you buy the connector and contacts and replaced the existing connector?
            If so, please share part numbers.
            Thank you.
            Are you talking about the electrical connections? I bought the car already swapped. Not sure on electrical. sorry.

Originally posted by Brian697 View Post
            Yes, i have the last post in there. The issue I'm seeing is that my line, circled in red at the top of this post, doesn't even have enough length to reach the old e30 line. I've seen pics from the R3v fb group page of a guy that had his custom made. However, I cant find a place that can custom make the "connectors" to the compressor plate. I've been searching all over and most seem to just say they had it custom made but no reference to parts used :(

Originally posted by varg View Post
            The discharge line? A 318is AC line may do the trick unmodified, they have the same type of connector, only it goes up and then towards the front of the car, it would just be a little long though that might not pose a problem. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...r/64538391046/

I think mine is still kicking around the garage somewhere if you'd like me to take measurements.
            Yes! could you take a measurement of the screw hole to the male part...hope that makes sense. Need to know if it would fit where the circled part is in the pic in the first post of this thread.
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd

Comment

Center to center: 19.1mm
              Male part: 12.2mm OD

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Thank you!
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd

Comment

Find a shop local to you that does hydraulic line repair and fab. They can lengthen the hose and splce fittings on. I went to place and had perfect lines in like 20 mins for 75 bucks. I just took the fittings in, told em length, and which way i wanted the fittings clocked.

Comment

I bought a used ac compressor off ebay. It had the top plate with right fittings on it.

I tried to get those fitting off and started to strip my allen wrenches and my torx socket.

I think I can get this put on the compressor I have and then have them braze the e30 lines to these connectors.
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd

Comment

please keep us posted on how this works out (with pics ideally)

I'm about to start a swap and am curious about keeping AC in my e30
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I post some pics in the FaceBook group, I'll upload them to photobucket and then put them here when I get back home.

Still need to get the top plate off the ebay compressor to see if it will fit on the one on the car....

I drove my truck to work today...90 degrees is too hot to not have AC lol
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

The plate isn't the issue. That e36 a/c line simply does not work in the e30 chassis. I have done multiple conversions at this point on customer cars. You need an M42 318iS line ;) It'll bolt right up.
                          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Here is the one that I bought:

Here is what is on the car now:

The compressor I bought said that it would fit my car's motor, 99 328i.

got this pic from the R3V facebook group, here is my idea:

Here is the ebay compressor:

Here is the compressor on the car:

Wanting to have the compressor to condenser line cut and than soldered on to this fitting, like what is in the pic.

The M42 318iS line, is like ~$148, and would not work on my compressor that I could see. Plus I can get a line made for cheaper.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

Yeh I mean you did ask for advice so if you're just going to go ahead and do it your way then why ask?

How long have you been without a/c now? With the time you've spent trying you could have bought a used 318i/is ac line by now... or shelled out the cash for a new (which is more than the $148 you quoted)

Customer car:

IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Working...
                              X