• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you go about installing this?

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
      how do you go about installing this?
      Check back in this thread - the top of the second page.
      A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do- Walter Gagehot

Comment

Ok,
        here's some pics of the material (I hope you don't mind, Rob).
        The (microsuede?) is definately my favourite of the two, as the foam-backed stuff really does seem a little cheap. I like cloth, but it has to be a bit higher quality. ;-)

These pics should give you a slight idea of the texture if you haven't yet asked for a sample.
        Rob, did you say the price was the same for each?

Moving sale: Everything Must Go!
        FS: 2001 740iL Sport, low mileage..... SOLD
        FS: 1990 Mtec II 325iS, $12,0K OVNO
        FS: 2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L Navi..... SOLD

FS: New Rieger lip, lachsilber metallic (WILL INCLUDE W/e30!!)
        FS: Very rare, new lachsilber metallic E30 Aero pack sideskirts... (WILL INCLUDE W/e30!!)

Extreme 325iS (well, slowly getting there, anyway)......
        Almost too many mods to list ;-)

Comment

And yes, add me to a list for the headliner. I'm definately in for either the microsuede, a nicer cloth (if you have 'em), or, after consideration, even the more expensive alcantara.

Start a list in the first post please. :-)

FS: Very rare, new lachsilber metallic E30 Aero pack sideskirts... (WILL INCLUDE W/e30!!)

Comment

Put me on the list for a black headliner.

Comment

There is also the question of if it is a late model or early model.

The rear seatbelt fixture is in the C-Pillar...or you could just not put that hole there and let the buyer do it themselves. Just for your info, since I got one with the holes in it (one of your first headliners...)
              Reminiscing...

Comment

Right, I'm not putting that hole in any more. It just makes the install job that much tougher to line up. Same with the holes for lights/hand holds - best left to the install.

Comment

whats the cost on the microsuede?

Thanks,
                  Tom

Comment

Originally posted by workaholic View Post
                    whats the cost on the microsuede?

Thanks,
                    Tom
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Microsuede (aka microfiber) same cost as the foam backed - $125 under the group buy.

Comment

Rob, I know you already mentioned that you didn't want to do other colours b/c of colour matching, but if you did an Alcantara run, could you do it in a charcoal/graphite kind of colour? It doesn't have to match perfectly, as E30 headliners never matched the rest of the interior anyway. Black just seems a bit... dark.
                        Still, if you can't do a charcoal one, I'm fine with black.

Comment

A dark grey is no problem. It might even be the preferred color. The midnight black (ie dark grey) Alcantara is used for these bolsters:

Comment

I am in for black Microsuede foam backed headliner. I don't like the stock headliner material, it feels too brittle/plasticky...
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                              I am in for black Microsuede foam backed headliner. I don't like the stock headliner material, it feels too brittle/plasticky...
                              The microsuede is not foam backed... only the cloth one is...

Rob, do you have another closer-up pic of that grey alcantara? I like it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by sweetride01 View Post
                                Rob, do you have another closer-up pic of that grey alcantara? I like it :-)
                                Here's a couple a bit closer.

Comment

Working...
                                X