S52 just arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 just arrived

So my S52 just arrived, it was pulled from a 97 M3 auto with 102k on it. I'm just about done collecting parts for my swap and will hopefully have this done by the end of August. I will be converting it to OBD I and now I'm trying to decide exactly what I should do prior to throwing it in.

I'm for sure going to be replace all gaskets and seals (don't know if I should bother with the head gasket), new water pump, locktite and safety wire the oil pump nut andprobably rebuild the vanos. Looking for insight on what else would be good to do while I have it out. Is there anything I've missed? I've searched and the consensus is that 100k is just breaking in for these motors, why pull it all apart?

You're thoughts and advice would be of great help, thanks in advance!

Evan

don't pull it apart man if it's running fine. your gonna spend a lot of money. have you completed your swap parts list? all the little things???

and this is my opinion, but I'd keep it obd2. might as well dude.

Comment

Originally posted by CENTURION View Post
      don't pull it apart man if it's running fine. your gonna spend a lot of money. have you completed your swap parts list? all the little things???

and this is my opinion, but I'd keep it obd2. might as well dude.
      I've read through the faqs, checking things off the list as I go. Got the major things mostly found so I can start assembling with the spare trans I have. Why not convert to obd i?

Comment

I'd say your list sounds good. I wouldn't bother with the head gasket. If you pull the head, you'll have to have it machined flat and it turns into a lot of extra work. If it wasn't blown before, it won't be blown now.

Comment

Any one have the service manual on pdf? I can easily strip stuff off but would like to know exact procedures if possible. Also, I've heard Victor Renz referred to as a cheap gasket, is this true? Should I just order them or is there another set that is of higher quality? I'm definitely going to have to replace every seal, there is years of caked up oil on this thing.....must pressure wash before i Crack this thing open!

Comment

Working...
          X