How long did your 24v swap take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good feedback guys.

I'm in the same boat as some of you other guys, married, 3 kids and will only be working on it weekends. Also in the process of moving and will be living with family until our house is finished around November.
    ...but I do have a friend with a shop, tools and a lift so that will help tremendously.
    I hope to start on pulling the m20 this weekend and will be doing lots of planning before I actually pull the M52 out of the donor car.

Comment

The thing about time to complete a swap is that you tend to discover other things while you are in there. I've done a swap in 2 days, but the guy who owned that car didn't care to fix any issues that were exposed. We just stuck the engine in and he was good. (There was a little debugging later, of course, but not much.)
      2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
      2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
      1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
      1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
      - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
      1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
      1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
      Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

I bought a white '86 325es on a Tuesday night, M20 out Wednesday, M50 in that night, had it doing cammed M50 burnouts down the block on Thursday afternoon. This includes removal of all the M20 related crap, building a harness adapter (my first one) and installing it all solo.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
          I bought a white '86 325es on a Tuesday night, M20 out Wednesday, M50 in that night, had it doing cammed M50 burnouts down the block on Thursday afternoon. This includes removal of all the M20 related crap, building a harness adapter (my first one) and installing it all solo.

Anyone ever told you what blow does to the brain? ;)
          Derek-

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
            Anyone ever told you what blow does to the brain? ;)
            It was a very very different time in my life...and I will just leave it at that :)
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

A little over a year so far, and my car still isnt running. Its a combination of : I want to do this right, Might as well upgrade this, Getting the whole motor rebuilt, running into unexpected obstacles, laziness, and most importantly CUS BROKE.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post

Gangster style!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

98% done at year 2. Changed the donor engine (first one was bad) and bought a different e30 frame, but it was also bad. So all in all on engine #2, back to my original 325is e30 host car. And half way through, the rear suspension and front seats were redone. Hit a few bumps because of some dishonest sellers. Just need to connect a few more lines/wires, connect power steering and this project should to done.
                  My 1990 325is Build Thread

Comment

Finished my swap in 4 days. And not just a rushed slapped together swap either.

Comment

Working...
                    X