E34 V8 brake booster for M50/52 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 V8 brake booster for M50/52 swap

dose anyone run a e34 brake booster i searched with no results please help thanks

i have seen it done. if you need one PM ill sell you my complete setup on the cheap.

Comment

I'm running an e32 740i brake booster with e34 525i master cylinder. It's cool because it has a remote brake reservoir setup, perfect for an e30 M50 swap.

WTB: early e30 sedan front doors

Comment

Interesting. How are the brakes performing with this configuration?
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

i think that ought to work out well. another option if you want more braking power would be to take the hydroboost system off of an e23. i have the better part of a write up on this in my thread in this 24v swap section.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

A friend of mine is running the E34 530i/540i brake setup with his V8 conversion. He has the booster remote located, like the E34 V8 cars, behind the headlight. It works great. He just had to fab up a couple of brackets. I think he relocated the ABS unit a bit lower than it's standard location, but I'm not positive about that.

This setup would work the same way with the M/S5X motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
              Interesting. How are the brakes performing with this configuration?
              They feel great... haven't had a chance to drive it yet. The pedal feel is so much more intense with this MC/booster combo, especially compared to my old broken parts.

Comment

Alright, it's much easier for me to get an e34 v8 booster than iX or 944 booster so I'll get one. No modifications needed at all?
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Alec

Did you mount it with the bracket on the back of the booster? That master is a 23mm unit correct?

Comment

Uh oh...time to upgrade from the 320 booster when I go for bigger brakes...
                    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by surebimmer View Post
                      Alec

Did you mount it with the bracket on the back of the booster? That master is a 23mm unit correct?
                      I don't know how big it is, but no, I didn't use the bracket it came with. I just redrilled two booster holes and made the fork on the end longer, that way it mounted just like a stock one. I took the stock booster to my welder and he matched the V8 booster right up to it. Just extend the fork so the lengths are the same. Make sure the pin fits back in at the end.. it would suck if it didn't line up perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                        Alright, it's much easier for me to get an e34 v8 booster than iX or 944 booster so I'll get one. No modifications needed at all?
                        It was very easy to do. Just pick up the V8 booster with an e34 525 master cylinder. That way the hardlines are the same size. The V8 master cylinder hardline holes are bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                          I'm running an e32 740i brake booster with e34 525i master cylinder. It's cool because it has a remote brake reservoir setup, perfect for an e30 M50 swap.

hey Alec can you post some more pics of the booster in the bay i just bought same booster

Comment

Does the shaft of the brake booster lines up correctly in lenght and position to the pedal mechanism?

I'm planning to use a E34 540i booster+MC+remote reservoir for my E30 M50 swap.

Comment

I did a 750il brake booster on my car. Double stacked but 25mm mc. I use the complete unit and no modifications were done other than the reservoir.

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

Working...
                              X