E34 V8 brake booster for M50/52 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
    I did a 750il brake booster on my car. Double stacked but 25mm mc. I use the complete unit and no modifications were done other than the reservoir.
    Does it has partnumber:
    34 33 1 161 485

or 486 ?

Comment

I've got an extra e34 540i booster here, was going to use it but it seems to me the following modifications would need to be made to get a good fit.

-e30 ix or e32 735 bracket...which would mean....extending the rod.
      -Re-drilling the firewall to match the back of booster (2 bolts instead of 4)

For the master cylinder, the connection on the end needs a larger nut than the e30 has, so either custom brake line or modify existing.

The remote reservoir on this doesn't appear to have a nipple for the clutch (this one came off auto) may have to run sepeate clutch fluid reservoir.

--

Now these are just theories i've had by examining it, maybe some of the guys that have used it can chime in :) Maybe i'll end up using it with some good info hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
        I did a 750il brake booster on my car. Double stacked but 25mm mc. I use the complete unit and no modifications were done other than the reservoir.
        Would you please post a pic of clearance between booster and heater hoses by fire wall?

Just bought a iX booster and wondering how much clerance will I gain.
        It'll be a few days before can isntall it.

thanks.

Comment

Where did you mount the reservoir?

Did you use the stock one or make your own?
          Function.
          Form.
          sigpic

Comment

I would like to see some follow-up pictures if anyone has some. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X