Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another low profile S5x/M5x oil pan project! PICS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those welds are really clean. Great work on the pan. I'd love to have this done for my m20 pan.
    1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
    1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
    bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Muy Bien! In for installed pics!
      '91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

WOW! Looks good!
        SEE THE MOST BORING M50NV BUILD THREAD HERE: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=288275

Comment

That is exactly what I did except mine was just plated off. Some pickups are some unweldable metal. Not all of them are aluminum. Looks awesome. Make sure you fill it with oil and let it sit for a few days. Mine slightly weeps.

Comment

That looks epic man. Maybe I missed it, but whats your final capacity?? Did you gain any??

Comment

If you group buy this, you will make alotta doolers
              Originally posted by evandael
              a car is a car. call it a dildo, i'd still drive the hell out of it.

Comment

Oh cool, you got a around to doing this! looks good man. check your pan that it didn't warp. mine did after all the welding.

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
                Some pickups are some unweldable metal. Not all of them are aluminum.
                Magnesium, I confirmed this with an open flame and some of the dust from sanding down the pick up. it was a great light show in my garage! hahaha
                :borg:

Comment

Originally posted by hooken m View Post
                  If you group buy this, you will make alotta doolers

This. I have a pan and pickup setting aside that is ready for this.

Comment

Very cool. I would also be interested in a modded oil pan. Can't wait to see pics on the car.
                    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Well, I wasn't thinking about making any other pans besides mine, but I might be able to get them done if we can get a batch going.

I will need to test fit mine to ensure success before further promising any delivery...can I get a tentative idea as to what you all would pay and who all is interested. Just an FYI, it cost me 200 on top of getting the pan to do it...

And just as an FYI, if I do make some, it will be a little on the slow side as this is not my main job and I am pretty busy with my day job usually.

To answer other questions in the thread:

kendogg, I haven't filled it up on the car yet, but with water, it got back to ~6, so unchanged but about 1.5 inches shorter.

!kid, Zeke; thanks for posting! Will check for weeps and also for fit. How much did yours warp and in what axis/direction? Did it result in a lot of fitment issues?

Comment

Originally posted by gkurey View Post
                        !kid, thanks for posting! Will check for weeps and also for fit. How much did yours warp and in what axis/direction? Did it result in a lot of fitment issues?
                        the whole pan twisted. I put the pan on the block with no gasket it was warped about 1/16th or so. no real fitment problems. the oil pan gasket does leak just a little bit. not enough to drip on the floor though. just some seepage.
                        :borg:

Comment

In to see the outcome.

Comment

Want
                            1991 349is (wadded up)
                            1984 Rabbit 2.0L16v swap (wife's)
                            2003 LR Disco II (wife's)
                            1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
                            1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)
                            2004 KTM 525 EXC-R SM Sold:(

Comment

This is fantastic! Been following, anxious to see how it performs.

Comment

Very well done. In for pics of the pan installed!

Also, interested in a low-pro pan for my M20. ;D

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Working...
                                X