No announcement yet.

Obamacareless begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've experienced this in my hospitals and have talked about it with my purchasing directors. I call on about 12 hospitals as a supply chain consultant. Each one of them are getting ready to recieve $40-90M cuts from reimbursements which is only one of the cuts facing the hospitals due to the current administration. It's getting to the point were hospitals are telling Dr's to practice in other facilities due to procedures not breaking even. I had an account that just released about 114 nurses and nurse managers due to budget restrictions. They plan on cutting more soon.

Hospitals are going to hurt and, from what I see in my market place, I believe in the next 5 years you'll see several facilities close down. My largest account closed at a $280m deficit last year. It was written a check for $350M from the county. It is preparing for the $90M cut...so nearly a $400M deficit this year...tax increases will have to happen.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by raywillet View Post
        FTFY

Sequestration means 2% cuts to Medicare, flat. ACA has a 0.8% reduction to Medicare, plus other unknown costs due to readmissions, restructuring services, etc. ACA doesn't help the situation, but to blame Obama squarely when the main culprit is Congress is wrong.
        Thanks for the edit. So, you wanna sequestrate my bills?

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
          How do you know the layoffs are a direct consequence of Obamacare? Correlation =/= Causation

"Health-care reform mandates and changes in reimbursement structures for Medicare and Medicaid are forcing health-care organizations throughout the U.S. to confront new challenges," Sitarik said. "We must find better ways to deliver enhanced value to patients and lower the overall cost of care."
          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

you guys realize that the healthcare industry has really inefficient sections of it and part of reforming it under obamacare was to cut the fat off.

if less money goes into the healthcare industry, what do you think will happen?
            AWD > RWD

Comment

He also just gave millions that we dont have to the gaza strip. Help us first you fucking asshole
              "I wanna see da boat movie"
              "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Yay more debt
                "I wanna see da boat movie"
                "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                  you guys realize that the healthcare industry has really inefficient sections of it and part of reforming it under obamacare was to cut the fat off.

if less money goes into the healthcare industry, what do you think will happen?
                  You get less people to do the job thats being done now, with 6 hour waits at the ER and having decent access to timely care. Less people = less care provided by over worked and now likely underpaid staff, = more mistakes, longer waits, and shitty service in general.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

going to be like canadian healthcare.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                    my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
                      Thanks for the edit. So, you wanna sequestrate my bills?
                      lolwut?

You're blaming ACA on the possibility of losing your job. ACA brings budget cuts, and ties payments to performance. Administrators are concerned just because of the uncertainty of the first year of it's effect. The benefit to hospitals of ACA is more clients. Less income, more volume. This is Obama.

Sequestration is a flat 2% ($11 Billion) cut to Medicare, no benefit. This is Congress.

Your focus of blame is misguided. Sorry that you are in your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        You get less people to do the job thats being done now, with 6 hour waits at the ER and having decent access to timely care. Less people = less care provided by over worked and now likely underpaid staff, = more mistakes, longer waits, and shitty service in general.
                        Fewer ppl taking care of ppl. Not hard to figure that out. I think the irony is those that support obamacareless and their loved ones might actually need healthcare at some point.

eliminating "admirable but not sustainable" programs

What do they mean by that, I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by raywillet View Post
                          Sorry that you are in your situation.
                          That would have been the better approach from the begining.

Comment

Anything the government gets involved in is terrible. Unfortunately they are getting involved in many more things every day.

1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

wait, so inefficient, poorly run hospitals that couldn't balance their budgets even before ACA are going to have to close their doors?

STOP THE PRESS!

what happened to letting the market take care of it? shouldn't we reward the hospitals that are capable of surviving and thriving rather than continuing to support the ones who require millions of dollars in government subsidies to operate? I thought that was communism? :|
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                                going to be like canadian healthcare.

As with car parts, you get what you pay for.

There is a lot of reality in his video. Thanks for posting it. The thing I wonder about is how many sick ppl will get worse because of the potential obstacles to obtaining reasonable heathcare. If/when the rash you have today is not addressed promptly and correctly...

Comment

Working...
                                X