Avoid eBay sport seats by zoomzoomzoom-ing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fully support you

however the description remanufactured covers old seats covered with new upholstery....

within his orignal ad is no lie I could find. Im glad I know what he does but believe it or not your auction price is close to the price for just the seat skins also on ebay...

just two key facts. I would have done everything the same as you...

Comment

the word you were looking for is refurbished...

Comment

Originally posted by stamar View Post
        I fully support you

however the description remanufactured covers old seats covered with new upholstery....

within his orignal ad is no lie I could find. Im glad I know what he does but believe it or not your auction price is close to the price for just the seat skins also on ebay...

just two key facts. I would have done everything the same as you...
        Stamar, thanks for your reply, but read the description of remanufactured in the listing. Refurbished or recovered would mean there are new covers on old seats, but remanufactured means completely rebuilt to be indistinguishable from a new part. I wouldn't have even held him to that standard if the seats weren't functionally damaged.
        Last edited by drtwofish; 04-08-2012, 03:39 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
          I'd like to see the OP send him this link...

Hopefully the seller will join up and explain.
          I do plan on sending him the link, and he's welcome to chime in. I did send him everything I've presented here, including the YouTube video on a private channel before I made it public. His defense is that they're old seats, which is in direct contradiction to the definition of remanufactured in his listing.

Comment

That's crap, the fact is he's selling crap junkyard seats with new covers!!!!

I've sold seats in the past, but no way would I ever sell anything that I myself wasn't satisfied to put into my own car.
            For the sake of half an hours work to swap over some parts before he recovered them, he's now looking at losing business.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
            If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

tl/dr

you know all you needed to do to fix that problem was to swap the gears over from your comfort seats, right?

Not defending ebay sellers action in anyway, what a douche.
              Build Threads:
              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                tl/dr

you know all you needed to do to fix that problem was to swap the gears over from your comfort seats, right?

Not defending ebay sellers action in anyway, what a douche.
                Huh - I didn't know they are the same mechanism. I'll have to look into it, though I don't like having to gut a pair of seats I could sell to fix the ones I bought, and I'd rather just get my money back. Thanks for the tip.
                Last edited by drtwofish; 04-09-2012, 10:55 AM.

Comment

To put new skins on seats you have to take the recline mechanisms off. At this point it is pretty easy to either clean them so they work properly or find faults and replace them. It is a given that reline mechanisms are going to be at the very least dirty and sticky if you get original seats. I pretty much take the whole seat apart and make sure everything works in sets I sell, even if the bolsters are good chances are very high that one of the seat back tabs have broken. Seats are pretty simple to fix up, especially if skins are going on.

I bet zooming has a shop to do the work and he doesn't play good quality control. If he did the work himself there is no way he could miss what he missed the first time.
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

well, the covers look nice at least. where you think he got them?
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      well, the covers look nice at least. where you think he got them?
                      The covers are pretty nice - the material is soft, though it's a little "sticky" feeling if that makes sense. I think he makes them in-house; you can buy re-cover kits from him on eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by badvibrations View Post
                        op. If you are handy with tinkering small mechanics, i could probably explain to you how to fix most, if not all, of the problems with your seat. Then you could at least enjoy it. I might have a couple of spare parts too.
                        Please make a thread on fixing/rebuilding the sport seats. I'm trying to figure out how the cables work and could really use this.
                        Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Just a small update: I emailed Steven on Monday with links to the threads I've posted and the YouTube video and again asked politely for a refund, and he never bothered to reply. Not only won't he stand behind his products, but now he's just ignoring me. I guess I'm out of luck unless I decide to go the legal route, which I'm not excited about doing. Stay away from this dude unless you want to risk being left high and dry with a defective product.

Comment

file a paypal dispute. thats what im doing

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                              file a paypal dispute. thats what im doing
                              I tried, but since it's been longer than 45 days (due to shipping the first defective seat back and waiting on a second one) neither PayPal nor eBay will even open a case. At least with PayPal I was allowed to submit a complaint to go on his file, eBay wouldn't even allow that.

Comment

thanks for the review
                                that 45 day thing is bullshit, should call someone working there.
                                "I wanna see da boat movie"
                                "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Working...
                                X