No announcement yet.

M52TUB28 or S52B32US Happening ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres a bit more info on M54B25 vs M54B30 manifold. basically they flow almost the same, and as you said the B25 is usually easier to come by.

---E30 320i Hennarot 1984 Sedan---

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
      Just send your ECU off to 328i Junkie and buy a harness from Andrew325is after thats its easy. Also the 3.0 manifold doesn't really flow any better than the 2.5 according to TMS I grabbed 2.5 since it was more common in the yards.

I already have someone who can for free and had the S52 done. M52 will be tuned and installed into my buddy's late model 325e. I will be hardwiring the harness.

Shoutout to Andrew325is for all the info.

Comment

M52TUB28 or S52B32US Happening ASAP

Here are a few pics from about a week ago. Sourced an oilpan and waiting on parts to build my harness.

Sent from an Abacus
        Last edited by Yezus_Krys; 05-12-2016, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Got my 944 brake booster but the clevis was a bitch to get undone so my buddy cut the E30 one and welded it to the 944. Also the 944 clevis is a tad bigger and wouldn't give a proper stock fitment. I know this is a popular swap but I never really do in depth reading to know if anyone else had a fitment issue.

Sent from an Abacus

Comment

Originally posted by Yezus_Krys View Post
            Got my 944 brake booster but the clevis was a bitch to get undone so my buddy cut the E30 one and welded it to the 944. Also the 944 clevis is a tad bigger and wouldn't give a proper stock fitment. I know this is a popular swap but I never really do in depth reading to know if anyone else had a fitment issue.

Sent from an Abacus

Did you shorten it aswell? I had to take about 3/4 inch off mine and then re thread it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Yes it is shortened. There's still room for adjustment also.

Sent from an Abacus

Comment

Installed new tie rod ends on the E36 M3 steering rack and swapped it over to the E30. My car has airbags so it's a bit different from the write ups I have found for the non airbag ones. The firewall should be modified slightly for a cleaner fit. I forgot to take pics but I will take and post some up when I'm sober.

Sent from an Abacus

Comment

nice clean bay!

the 944 shaft is longer than the shaft on the e30. Why not cut the clevis off then re-thread the 944 shaft? Both of my boosters were also difficult to remove at first, but then I let the threads soak with pb blaster.. within 10 minutes they came off with out much effort.
                  1990 325i - Current Project
                  2007 Triumph Speed Triple 1050

Comment

Could done that but I'm very impatient. Plus the clevis on both are slightly different.

Sent from an Abacus

Comment

Manifold swap time

Got oil pan installed last night

Sent from an Abacus

Comment

Learned a few things today. An E34 M50 oil pan is not a direct fit on an M52BTU28 neither is the pickup tube. The baffle touches the on thinner part of the pan and the angle on the Pickup it different.

Also the M50 fuel rail needs slight modification for injectors to be seated properly.

Sent from an Abacus

Comment

Today I installed the S52. I ended up braking a part of the mani but I can repair it with some pro-seal. Also my oil pan had a chunk of it broken off. It did not affect the engine side but their was a hole exposing the internals of the transmission. Ended up doing a temp repair with a piece of sheet metal and some rtv. Seals fine but will replace the pan soon.

Sent from an Abacus

Comment

Originally posted by Yezus_Krys View Post
                            Yea suspension, brakes and stuff I don't take into account. I'm talking about turn key and anything else I'd get slowly. Anything that involves fabrication or tuning I get for free thanks to good friends[emoji16]

Sent from an Abacus
                            Nice! Yeah for my turn key swap, I spent just under $6k ($5,762 to be exact lol). It adds up quickly!
                            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Working...
                            X