Crankcase pressure problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crankcase pressure problem

Running an obd1 m52 and it seems like i am chasing a crankcase pressure problem. I have been through 2 valve cover gaskets and now instead of leaking out of the valve cover, i have oil leaking out of the dipstick seal. Im running the obd1 set up under the m50 manifold; crankcase breather on valve cover goes to throttle body instead of the usual obd2 ccv.

does anyone know if the obd2 ccv is supposed to help with crankcase pressure or is it just there to keep oil out of the intake manifold? been thinking about either switching back to the obd2 ccv set up or running a catch can. the car is a street car, so i would like to keep it as stock as possible.

Thanks in advanced :)

OBD2 CCV is best and keeps good pressures while keeping oil where its supposed to stay, the oil pan. Just have to keep everything in good shape, esp the valve.

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Working...
    X