That sweet deep sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sweet deep sound

Hey everybody, I know there is probably a ton of these threads but I just need to know. I'm looking for a new exhaust because mine is toast. Warm buttery toast. The guts in my oem muffler or totally gone and in looking for a new one that will help with back pressure because I have none now and really opens her up and breathe with that super deep sound but not too loud. I have the era bottom end with a 284 cam and no cat. I'm leaning towards the bosal because I'm not looking to spend 350+ on a muffler since the engine will be swapped sometime soon in future. I'm open to any ideas I just don't have a lot I experience with muffler sounds on the m20 since most of my friends with them like it straight piped or 3", an IMO it's just too darn loud...
    Stroked out and poked out

Personally, I can't vouch for any high end exhaust system for you. But back in like Nov 2013 a nasty rock ripped a giant hole in my E30's muffler. So honestly, I went to Ebay, spent like 80 or 90 bucks, and got a muffler. Not sure of a brand, the muffler says nothing on it. Its just coated in black with burn titanium tips. No idea as far as brand or anything. So what the hell, have the crap welded on lol. My car has the stock mani, but has been converted to a 'vert single cat system. With the new muffler, the exhaust sound makes the E46 M3s in the parking deck with me at college sound purring kittens in comparison. The s.o.b. is loud as hell, and sounds good, no ricer buzz here. So i can't vouch for back pressure, but she breathes just fine, and she feels great, I feel no loss in power or torque at all. Lol not sure how much that helps you, considering your exhaust is setup differently than mine, but jsut tossing you my two cents. For 90 bucks, I may not be getting the like 2 or 3 extra wheel horses that a full scorpion exhaust would give me, but my car sounds louder and just as bassy, if not a bit moreso, than the full scorpion E46 M3 the parks next to me (not to discredit the Scorpion or his M3, cause it sounds mean as a pissed off tiger).

Comment

Hahaha I love the way you describe everything, I can only picture it in my head. But I went ages and got a bosal cat back for now, and wow was my muffler toast. Under 2000 revs it would tend to chug a little, but now with the new muffler it totally went away and because of the cat delete with the nice big baffle on the muffler it sounds amazing. It's that crisp deep tone that sets car alarms off when passing by but not nearly loud enough to kill your ears. Let's say from about a block away you can feel me coming. Thanks for the input though!

Comment

You want a stromung exhaust. it's pricey but made in the US and sounds amazing and is deep like an american V8.

Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

I think I'm in love...

Comment

Working...
          X