Fuel Additives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Additives

Anyone had any luck with any fuel additives either for octane boost or fuel system cleaning? If so, what did you use?
    Driving is the only way to go faster....

Store bought little bottles of octane booster dont do squat.

If you want a serious octance boost, read this article

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

I use Ventil Sauber Valve Clean and Techron. I put a lot of miles on my car but only use one or the other about once per month. I've done this since the purchase of my e30 in 1988. After my original engine went, I was quite surprised when I pulled the head off. The valves and the combustion chambers were very clean at 377,000 miles compared to the parts cars that I have pulled apart with much lesser mileage. I will continue to use those two products in my BMWs.
      Don't forget the good things Hitler did.

Comment

I use redline valve cleaner s1. It makes a ton of black stuff come out the exhaust the first time you use it!!

Comment

i have 172K miles on my bimmer. I've owned it for 30, but i'm pretty sure previous owner never cleaned injectors.

I ran my tank a little low, loaded a bottle of techron in to maximize effect, drove the piss out of my car.... then what?

not much. I think the engine ran smoother but that was it. no wierd smoke comming out, no power increases. i think it's something to do every year maybe... maybe not that important.
          Michael Spiegle

'01 Ford Escape / Daily Driver
          '99 M3 / Track Car
          '87 325is bronzit / wtf car
          '06 Daytona Triumph 675 / Daily Rider

Comment

MOst of the "store" stuff is useless.

My favorites are.....
            Amsoil PI
            Redline Sl1
            Lubro-Moly venti saber.

Redline used to be my fav, then I tried the Amsoil stuff. I can actually FEEL the difference with it! To be fair I put it in 4 cars, and they ALL felt better after!

Comment

Working...
            X