e36 injectors in M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36 injectors in M20

are there only certain e36 injectors that will work in an M20? or all of them? how about e46 injectors?

is there any kind of website with compatibility info?

thanks in advance!
    Michael Spiegle

'01 Ford Escape / Daily Driver
    '99 M3 / Track Car
    '87 325is bronzit / wtf car
    '06 Daytona Triumph 675 / Daily Rider

I believe all m50/s50 injectors are compatible.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

thank you sir.
      Michael Spiegle

'99 M3 / Track Car

Comment

time ago I putted a set of e36 325i injectors in my e30 when it was stock, the little was runing a little bit rich...but in high revs ran good...
        Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Any Bosch injector will run in our E30's, it's just a matter of how many pounds you want to run. I'm running, Bosch 0280150556 D5B-19lb Design II injectors. These removed the old style pintle caps and were replaced with the 4-hole designed caps. Although they are stated at 19#'s, because my E30325is fuel pressure regulator is running at 3Bar, it is actually 21.5#. I got a match set of refurbished injectors from an EBay seller, guaranteed to be within 2% of 52ml/h.

When installing these injectors, I did not first put in a 2.5Bar fuel pressure regulator from an ETA motor to get let the computer recalibrate itself, so the car is running rich. I noticed that my per tank mileage went down some for city driving (approx. 50mi/tank), but highway driving it normal.

Comment

Any Bosch injector will most certainly not work!

You must make sure you use a injector with the proper impedence range, or you can and will fry your ECU.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
            https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

OK, my bad. A friend just told me to get Mustang 19# injectors. Sorry. :D

Comment

thanks for clearing that up jordan.
                Michael Spiegle

'99 M3 / Track Car

Comment

was 14 ohm or something like that the range?
                  Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Yes, e36 injectors will work very well. I currently have Accel hi impedence 32lb/hr injectors made for something else (i really dont know.. maybe fords?). At idle they are at about 3.5% duty cycle, but i'm not sure what they are at when at WOT high rpm.

matt

Comment

yeah, i might be picking up a set of M3 injectors soon...
                      Michael Spiegle

'99 M3 / Track Car

Comment

I will pick up my set of 21lb/h @39 PSI of my Jeep since them are storague for a while...for my turbo setup...you only can put 14 ohm injectors, if they are 13 or 15 ohm for example, still work?

Comment

There are 2 types of normal injectors, low impedence, and high impedence. Low is around 2-3ohms, high is 13-17 ohms. My injectors are about 15.9 ohms. Though, with megasquirt, it doesnt matter the exact impedence, only that they are high or low (you can choose either high or low ohms for the setting).

matt

Comment

Working...
                          X