Vibrant 18" resonator and race muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibrant 18" resonator and race muffler?

Anybody have experience on how they would sound?

Car info:
    89 325i with M30B34 swap. Turbo at 16 psi with 3 inch exhaust all the way with a crappy ebay cat and random flowmaster muffler. Flowmaster is about 17? inches long, sortof oval shaped.

I don't want my car to be real loud anymore. But I want a kind of deep smooth tone, not a muscle car sound but a nice "Oh that car sounds good, it must have some nice engine work" kinda sound... I don't know,I just don't want people to hear it and go " Fucking ricerr dick"

I don't really want it to be super quiet tho. I was thinking those two since the resonator would quiet down the short but straight thru muffler so I wouldn't get a lot of backpressure and rob horsepower.

Tried to do some searches on the internet for a sound clip but not getting a lot of results that are the same setup that im thinking of.

I was considering the street power muffler also, but I am NOT considering the TPV universal muffler. But I would prefer the components to be vibrant.
    89 325i: 86 535i motor+trans, JE forged pistons, MLS head gasket, ARP head studs, Comp turbo, GoodNTight b34 turbo manifold, e30.de motor mounts, AKG 75D engine/trans mounts, custom 3" exhaust, intercooler, MS2PNP, Megan Racing Coilovers.

I run a Dynomax Race bullet muffler/resonator where the cat was with Dynomax Ultraflo Welded muffler. Sounds amazing. Very soft deep idle, screams when opened up. Does drone at 2500rpm tho
    1999 540iA - Daily Driver

Comment

bet you could run a straight pipe to just muffler and it would be pretty quiet. Thats my situation with turbo m42.

The turbo really quiets the whole system

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

If you prefer vibrant products, I like the UQ resonator. Its nearly a muffler of its own without robing any HP. It probably cut my drone by 30% on my 3" single pipe setup and coupled with a large dual out magna flow, the db level is not drastically higher than a stock setup, unless at WOT.

Comment

My current set up is a vibrant 12 x 4 inch resonator and their street power muffler and a race cat

À la folie

Comment

Working...
          X