Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 325e. No crank. Newbie to e30s

Hey guys

Hoping I can get some help on getting this motor to start. Heres the back story...

So I purchased a black e30 325e around January. It ran pretty good but could use some attention. So While surfing the web I found a white 325e with a snapped timing belt. Decided to purchase it and place the motor from the black to the white e30.

Long story short I refreshed the running motor from the black one and threw it into the white.

Now with everything connected when I try to start it, a clicking is heard from the relays on the fuse box. I switch the relays from known good relays and the same clicking is happened. Didn't get a chance to isolate which relay is clicking because I need someone to turn the key while I feel for the click. Also the fuel pump doesn't prime unless I give it power on the relay with the ignition on..

Also heres a video of the motor starting in the black e30..

Now the issue with the white..

The fuel pump on an E30 only runs when the DME sees timing data from a rotating engine (it doesn't prime when the ignition is turned on). The click you hear could be the main relay and/or the O2 heater relay. Those do close when the ignition is switched on.

Is the engine to body ground strap in place and making good connections? Check the starter connections. It sounds like the starter isn't working at all.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
    X